• Name: Jesper Horsted
• Height: 6’4”
• Weight: 225
• Position: WR
• College: Princeton University
• Twitter: @jhorsted
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Roseville, MN and my favorite part
isall the lakes around my house.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- 1. Practice, 2. Strength and Conditioning, 3. Film Study
- You have around five practices for every one game and practice makes perfect. You can’t just go out there on gameday and expect to be successful if you haven’t rehearsed what you are going to do many times over. Then S&C because it’s a long and physical game and if you aren’t prepared for that aspect you will be beaten or injured.
Filmis important but if you are taking care of business during practice and in the weight room then at least you will have a chance, even if you haven’t done your due diligence in the film room.
What do you worry about, and why
Iworry about being prepared enough because it seems like there is always something more that can be done, but at times it comes at the expense of something else (classwork, sleep).
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- My sophomore year I began my baseball season in a huge slump. I went like 0-26 and was so frustrated with myself after a very successful freshman year. At first I just kept getting more and more frustrated but eventually I hit a low point and decided I needed to start back at square one and regain confidence. I spent an entire day down in the batting cages hitting off the tees and doing various drills. That was enough to get some confidence back and fix some errors in my swing and the rest of the season went a lot better.
What do your teammates say is your best quality
Composureunder pressure and ability to catch anything.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Foye Oluokun
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Not sure yet. Something sports-related.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Wow, tough question. It’s probably the wrong moral answer but I would probably choose one family member because they mean more to me than anything else and I would have a hard time living knowing they’re dead and I could have saved them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
HarryPotter, it would be awesome to be able to cast spells.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it
- Having an emergency stomach surgery right before going to college. Caused me to miss all of Camp my Freshman
yearand lose all my strength and conditioning I had worked so hard for. I dealt with it by being patient and working on what I could (playbook, mental reps).
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My freshman year in high school I went up for a breakaway dunk in front of a big crowd and slipped on my plant
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career
Deep post touchdownagainst Harvard to give us the lead.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Eye of the Tiger-Survivor
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why
JackieRobinson. It amazes me the success he had given the circumstances he was playing in, and I think it would be incredible for him to see how much he has changed sports.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- I have no idea. I don’t think that’s in the cards for me.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Cooper Kupp
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, I think it’s harder to earn respect and it’s more symbolic of good and genuine character.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Josh Gordon. He is such an incredible talent and his story is amazing. I believe he is a good guy who is just struggling mentally with all he has had to overcome and I really hope he can figure things out for himself.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why
Father. Instilled love of sports and desire to compete.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Week 1 QB Index, Mahomes Not Top 3? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-1… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/93YOWgr8cU
about 17 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- MLB DFS September 22: West Coast Swing ift.tt/3iPK68C
about 1 hour ago
- Fantasy Football Buy and Sell Advice: Week 3 ift.tt/2RMvPxC
about 1 hour ago
- Wearing a mask to coach is so pointless. They are being tested every day. There are not fans on the field either. I do not get it
about 1 hour ago