• Name: Javon Muhammad
• Height: 6’0
• Weight: 222
• Position: LB
• College: MacMurray College
• Twitter: Javon_Muhammad
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born and raised in a great city call Chicago, IL. Growing in Chicago you have two choices to live your life. It’s either you go to school and make something of yourself or you go the fast money route. My mom didn’t want that second option to be my life so she moved us to Glen Eylln (West Suburban area). Living in Glen Ellyn was the highlight of my young life. The reason why is because I was introduce to a phenomenal football program. Illinois have a lot of slept on talent and I love going against the best of the best during my high school days.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• First is strength and conditioning simply because the only way to play this game is by being physically prepared. With working out it builds confidents and builds character on/off the field. Second is film study because you have to see what you need to improve in, and what the opposition lacks. Film is highly important because you can study your opponent every move and what their tendency are in certain situations. Although practice is my last doesn’t mean it’s not as important as the other two. The reason Practice is my third because after doing all the weight lifting, running, and watching all the film it’s time to put it all together. Practice is where you build confidents as well by gaining trust that your teammates/brothers are going to do their job. We all know you need a team to win football games.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being able to help my mom or dad at times in need. Growing up they gave me the world and plus more. I just want to give back the favor so they don’t have to depend on no one.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My Junior year in college the Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings came to my school to scout me. For one of the workouts that they wanted to see was my 40 yard dash. With two weeks of training before coming I ran 4.9. Knowing that I have failed to help my exposure and to help me get into a training camp. I went into the summer with a different mentality. I took extra step as in getting a personal workout trainer, doing extra sprints on the football field, going to sleep early to get my 8 hours of sleep. With my pro day coming up I believe I will change some scouts mind on how I can help their team.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My dedication to being the best. The first day of college football people knew that I can play but, they didn’t know until offseason how hard I work. I will out sweat everyone in the gym simply because I push myself on every set I do. The days we have of some players will see me on the field working. Other time I get up for two months straight at 6 am., Monday- Friday to go workout because teams are scheduled to be in there. When I set my mind for things I want in my life I don’t half do it I go all the way.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Le’Anthony Reasnover
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Right now I am pursing my degree in Homeland Security. I had an interest in Law enforcement since I was 9 years old and it really stuck with me my whole life.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I’ll start with my room, desk, and then my car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose a family member only because, since I was little I grew up with my parents telling me family first.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Frank Lucas (Denzel Washington) from American Gangster. The reason why is because Frank moved like a boss and ran his own company. Frank was so successful, he bought his mom a house and help all his brothers and cousins out finically.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was to realize that I can depend on no one but myself. I always used to have someone help me with everything so it kind became a routine. Once I got a reality check I started taking ownership for everything I do and, that’s when life started becoming clear.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In first grade I peed on myself and had to wear the same clothes the whole day. Only because my parents were at work and couldn’t leave.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My senior of high school we played Wheaton Warrenville South. The whole summer our coaches kept preaching to us on how good they are, how fast, and etc. Which got us mad and made us practice even harder. It was 4 & 1 with the score being 14-3 with us being up. Coach called a blitz which made me go inside B gap. As soon as he hike the ball I was already there slamming the Quarterback with a loss of 6 yards. We were on TV going against Wheaton and I had everyone complimenting me on how good I played.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• 50 cent- Patiently Waiting / Eminem
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The mindset to get better and to out work any/everybody.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandma on my Father’s side. She died when I was about 1 or 2 years old and don’t remember much at that age. I really wish I could have some time to get to know my grandma and to ask why she gave me this nickname people call till this day.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respect because it’s all about the principle in life.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Michael Vick, simply cause he was surrounded by negative people with bad intentions. When you have people like that around you their energy rubs off on you. He just made a bad decision and glad he was allowed back and Andy Reid gave him a chance.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win. If I lose I’ll be man about it shake the opponents hand but let them know that this won’t happen again.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
That will have to be my mom, dad, and four little brothers.
Mom because I see her wake up and grind 24/7 to make sure I’m okay. Sometimes doesn’t even worry if she’s okay. As long as I’m okay she’s okay and that open my eyes on how someone can love you without telling you. My mom influenced me to have a heart and to help others.
My dad because he’s not a quitter. He didn’t finish high school, mom and dad died when he was about 20-24 of age, and didn’t have anyone to help him. He used all of that to make a name for himself. He currently owned 20 plus building, and is an owner of a dealership. He influenced me by having that grit attitude and showing me I don’t need anyone as long as I got myself and god.
My brother because they saw me when I was at my lowest and saw me every day trying to improve myself. They never once thought badly about me, didn’t treat me different, and never made me feel like a outkast. They always supported me with anything I do and always wish good things upon me. The influenced me to have faith and hope in my dreams.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Podcast Player Interview: Dy’Jonn Turner, DB, University of Alabama-Birmingham… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tyler Dressler, LB, University of Richmond nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/tyler-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:418 players in the NFL are from Non-FBS schools; Find out who all made the list inside… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:There are currently 287 players in the NFL from FCS, Find out every player here!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Browns TE David Njoku requests a trade nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/david-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/iD76FELsID
about 2 hours ago