- Ismael Aurismond
- Alabama State University
- Twitter: @guap_11
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 13 Total Tackles – 3.5 TFL – 1.0 Sacks.
What is your name?
- Ismael “ish” Aurismond.
Where do you play College Football?
- Alabama State University.
What position do you play?
- Outside linebacker/Edge.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’3″ 250lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Growing up I played soccer, basketball, and ran track.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Darius Johnson of Middle Tennessee State. You had to bring your A game every single day at practice.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Not really. I listen to anything that’s being played in the locker room.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I’m not really a superstitious person. I pray to the most high then go out and play.
Who is your role model & why?
- My mom is my role model. Through all the adversity and hardship we’ve been through growing up, she stood tall and over came everything. I’ve never heard her complain about anything. She got the job done every single time. That is where my mindset and work ethic come from.
You are a Liberal Studies major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I’m actually a communication studies major. I graduated last May with a bachelors in Communication studies.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- For my favorite class I would have to go with public speaking. My least favorite class was inferential statistics.
What made you choose Alabama State University after transferring from Middle Tennessee State?
- I had a really good relationship with one of the coaches on the coaching staff at the time.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Being part of our bible study on campus. I really enjoyed being around those guys.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up my favorite team was the Miami Dolphins of course, being from Miami. My favorite player growing up was definitely Jason Taylor. I loved the way he got after those quarterbacks. His technique was the best I’ve seen at the position.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would definitely be Rocky Balboa in Rocky.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Dr. Martin Luther King.
- Oprah Winfrey.
- Bill Gates.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Dr. Martin Luther king. I would pick his brain as far as being a true courageous leader.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- My favorite super hero is The Hulk. He smash anything or anyone in his way.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is out working every single soul in the room you’re in.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Most unexpected lesson learned while in college would have to be not winning the SWAC championship in 2018. We were the most talented team in the conference, hands down. We just didn’t work hard enough for it. We thought we were going to sweep everyone in the conference coming into the season. I feel like as a team we let that get to our heads. I will make sure that never happens again, to whatever team picks me.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I would tell young Ish to get ready to beat a lot of adversity in life. Do it with a smile on your face.
Why do you wear #49?
- I actually didn’t pick that number. My former college head coach gave me that number and said that it meant a lot to him.
What is the best part of your hometown, Miami, FL?
- The different cultures and food. The weather is phenomenal as well.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- Definitely Jordan. There’s none like him.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I’m a PS4 guy. I play Madden and 2K.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Winning the Magic City Classic in 2017. The feeling was like none other.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Own a time machine.
What is your hidden talent?
- Undefeated chess player. Never met anyone that can beat me in chess. I actually don’t think there is any.
If there is a book written about Ismael Aurismond, what is the title?
- “The Relentless Underdog.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Take my family out of poverty in Haiti.
- Get a PhD.
- Travel with my family all over the world.
Are you binge watching anything right now?
- Not right now. But I was binge watching The Blacklist a few weeks ago. Pretty good show on Netflix.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Definitely spend time with family. I live for them.
If you could tackle any NFL RB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Jerome Bettis. I’d meet him in the hole and show him who’s daddy.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Ismael Aurismond?
What is your inspiration?
- To be an NFL Hall of Famer.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- TJ Watt.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Giovani Bernard Injury Update, Bengals back is suffering from a concussion… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/raheem… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Terry McLaurin Injury Update, Nursing an ankle injury will he be good to go?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago