• Name: Heisman Johnson
• Height: 6’2
• Weight: 245
• Position: DE
• College: Virginia University of Lynchburg
• Twitter: @heisman_j
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from a small city called Baxley, Georgia. It’s a really small place that’s very southern and has a lot of churches. I really enjoy that’s its country because I like being in the outdoors.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study as the most important because I feel like you have to critique your work from a perspective that allows you to better your game.
- Strength and Conditioning as the next important because you have to be in shape mentally and physically to be a well rounded athlete.
- Last but not least is Practice. Practice allows you to get in the lab and improve on your work ethic from studying film on your strengths and weaknesses.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family because I was raised in a family that always has each other’s backs.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• During the Newberry game coach Rome, challenged me to get make a play and I ended up getting two sacks and eight tackles. I felt like I could have done more but he said I exceeded his expectations by making multiple plays for the team.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is making sure things get done whether on the field or off the field.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Messiah Rice from Hampton.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I have a bachelor’s degree in education so teaching.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, car, and then the desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would try to save everyone but I would choose my family member because I know would do the same for me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Probably Denzel Washington, he’s a good actor.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My grandfather passed away before I graduated high school and it was a challenging time but now I know he would be proud of me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I walked into a soda machine before.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first game starting against Brevard College, It was senior night and I finished the game with multiple sacks.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• God’s Plan by Drake.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Fundamentals. Without fundamentals, you can’t excel to the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather because he was my role model growing up as an adolescent.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Tilted Towers
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Eli Manning
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because you don’t have to be like to be respected.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon because he has top tier talent and has off the field issues. I pray for that guy.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose. I’m very competitive and I take losing personally. I’m not complacent with losing.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My family because they have been supportive and understanding through my football career.