• Name: Del’Shawn Phillips
• Height: 6’2”
• Weight: 230
• Position: Linebacker
• College: University of Illinois
• Twitter: @DelShawnP3
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from a small city inside of Detroit called Highland Park in Michigan, and what I love most about it is that it is very family oriented, everyone knows each other and everyone sticks together.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study, then Strength & Conditioning. For me, there is nothing like live reps. Film study definitely comes next because I think it’s pivotal to study up on opponents to be able to know what they are going to do before they even do it. Then, strength & conditioning because without the proper strength, conditioning and nutrition your body cannot perform at optimal levels.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being able to provide for my family and put the people I love in better predicaments.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed to qualify for Division I out of high school. I reacted by grinding, working hard, and being determined to make it back to the Division I level.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My leadership skills and my ability to lead by example.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Quinton Flowers
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would like to be a football coach.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, car, then desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member because my loyalty to the ones I love is unmatched.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Batman because he uses his talents to make the world a better place.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was probably not qualifying to play football at the Division I level out of high school. I used this as motivation to do better and be better and always stayed optimistic about my hard work paying off.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was failing to become a Division I qualifier.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career was actually the play that never happened. I had a huge fumble recover for a touchdown against Minnesota my senior year that ended up being called back.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• One Man Can Change The World – Big Sean
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I think the most important trait to have to succeed at the next level is to be a furious competitor in anything and everything you do – I have to win.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back whoever has the power to bring people back from the dead so that I could bring my loved ones back.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• GVO ~ Good Vibes Only
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Brandon Graham
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because likeness fades. There will always be a new shiny player, but if you are respected then you will be well-liked for a long time to come.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick because he is only standing up for what he believes in.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I HATE to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents have definitely been the biggest influence on my life; just to see how hard they work and the sacrifices they made to put me in the position I am and how they helped shape and develop me into the man I am today.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Jason Garrett, Dan Snyder, and painful dummies (Future is Now Podcast) ift.tt/2GnfQku
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- Meet Model Elisha Herbert, Shaq is at Tomorrowland Living His Best Life & Henrik Stenson goes full Bo Jackson ift.tt/2LxFK9l
about 8 hours ago via IFTTT
- Francisco Lindor Calls for MLB to Extend Netting after He Hit a 3-year-old Boy in the Head With a Foul Ball ift.tt/2YjJgdh
about 12 hours ago via IFTTT