The Cleveland Browns shined this year when Baker Mayfield took over as the starter. The Dawg Pound deserve all the success they have coming to them. Their fanbase is one of the most loyal in the NFL, and as a small market fan myself, I hope the Browns can turn the corner in 2019. They do not have many holes on their roster, but I feel they need help in these areas. I see Offensive Tackle, Defensive Lineman, Wide Receiver, Cornerback and Safety. So let’s talk about some small schoolers who could fill the void.
Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State – Tytus Howard is one of the highest rising small school players after his week at the Senior Bowl. Howard is a big boy with a mean streak. The Browns do a great job at drafting in the past years and Howard can come in and play either tackle position or the luxurious swing role. Howard will be drafted, so the Browns will have to spend a pick on him likely in the mid rounds.
Derick Roberson, DE, Sam Houston State – Roberson is a 6040 and 250 pound defensive end who has a knack for getting to the quarterback. Roberson had a solid week at the East/West Shrine Game and NFL scouts are taking notice. I would not be shocked if he is drafted in the later rounds. This is another player the Browns will likely have to draft later.
Nsimba Webster, WR, Eastern Washington – Eastern Washington has placed both Kendrick Bourne and Cooper Kupp in the NFL in the past couple years and Webster is the next to shine. He could end up going undrafted but if he is teams will be lining up for his services. Webster would be a great fit for Baker and the Browns.
Doyin Jibowu, DB, Fort Hays State – At 6020, Jibowu is a game changer in the secondary. I feel he can play every position and perform at a high level. Many have not heard of him and he may end up going undrafted, but if he does like Webster he will be a hot commodity.
Isaiah Swopes, CB, Northern Colorado – Swopes is a smaller corner with a feisty attitude. It does not matter the size of wide out across from you, Swopes is in your face and will try to punch you in the mouth off the ball. I like this kid and he will likely be an undrafted player that the Browns could utilize as a nickel.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Tyler Witt, OL, Western Kentucky nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tyler-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: D.J. Moore Injury Update, Panthers WR suffered an Ankle/Achilles injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Did the Raiders RB suffer a serious injury?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Daniel Jones Injury Report, Giants QB suffered a hamstring injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Has a point twitter.com/buffrumblings/…
about 2 hours ago