- Name: Christian Olmstead
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 306
- Position: Offensive Line
- College: University of Findlay
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am from Florence, Kentucky. It is located about 10 minutes south of Cincinnati, Ohio. I love the community feel of what we call the NKY. The NKY consists of Boone, Kenton, and Campbell Counties. It is its own little state it feels like. The community is just different than most places I’ve been.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- The answer depends on the time of the year. If it is off season, 1) strength and conditioning 2) film study 3) practice. Preseason is, 1)practice 2) film study, 3) strength and conditioning. In season it is, 1) film study 2) practice 3) strength and conditioning.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry not being good enough for those who depend on me. They are important to me and I would feel like a failure if I wasn’t successful for them.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I was unable to get a division one scholarship. I was told I wasn’t good enough. I took it and used it for motivation and used it make me the best player I could be. I am better now than people I graduated with that got division one scholarships. It was the best thing that could happen to me.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My desire to always be better and willingness not only hold myself but also my teammates accountable. My competitive nature and wanting to win at everything.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Matthew Judon
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would be pursuing a master’s program through a graduate assistant ship at some university as a football coach. I would reevaluate my life after I get my master’s degree on where I would go next. If I have a good thing with coaching then I would stick with it. If not I would apply to medical school.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family member. I would do anything for family. If I consider them family then I have their back no matter what.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Captain America AKA Steve Rodgers. Cap has worked for everything he has ever gotten. He also has a great moral code that I admire. He also stands for what he believes in. He is always ready for a fight and is ready to sacrifice himself for the greater good of America
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- I suffered a serious foot injury my spring semester of my sophomore year. I used my connections I made in high school when I shadowed several doctors and got into contact with a top foot surgeons in America to fix my foot. I was able to recover in time for my Jr campaign which took 4 months when a normal recovery time is 8 months to a year. I played at max 80 percent my Jr year and probably should have red shirted but my team needed me so I did what was best for the team and played through the season on a bum foot.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- After our second round defeat in the 2017 playoffs, I got selected for a drug test. I delayed our departure by an hour.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- The last kneel down at #1 Shepherd Jr. year, clinching our first win in the D2 playoff in school history.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Can’t be touched by Roy Jones
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- I have a tie between my cerebral ability and my ability to react off the ball faster than most.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandmother. I was extremely close with her. I loved spending time with her and would do anything for another day with her.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- The Lineman Lounge
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- AJ Green. He is a top tier receiver and has done so much for the Bengals and it all goes under the radar due to lack of winning in the jungle.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected. It shows my true colors instead of others opinions.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Reuben Foster. It is my understanding that the women involved in each case were lying about being beaten in an attempt to take advantage of him. I feel for a guy that has done nothing wrong as far as I know unless something has developed that I’ve missed.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to win. Hate takes to much energy that could be put to things that are more productive.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My brother is my biggest influence. My brother is disabled. Due to this he has taught me lessons way beyond my years. He has taught me to look at life a different way than most people
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Broncos’ QBs Ineligible to Play on Sunday ift.tt/3liCPOU
about 24 mins ago
- Week 12 Preview: Los Angeles Chargers vs Buffalo Bills ift.tt/37gd257
about 24 mins ago
- Geez twitter.com/adamschefter/s…
about 1 hour ago
- Golly football getting crazy
about 1 hour ago
- MLB Offseason Preview: Baltimore Orioles ift.tt/3lhd8i2
about 1 hour ago