The Chicago Bears became a different team with the addition of Khalil Mack, and they probably should have gone further in the post-season than they did. They have tons of pieces already but we feel if they add these small schoolers they will turn the corner on their trip to the Super Bowl. We feel they could use an offensive tackle, two cornerbacks, a safety and an linebacker.
Many of the Bears fans have been drooling over big-name prospects but we want to do something a little different this year. We want to focus on a few small school players who the average draft person is not talking about. So let’s get this thing started!
Drew Forbes, OT, SE Missouri State – Forbes is a 6060, 306 pound offensive tackle who may have to kick inside, but will provide tons of depth for the Bears offensive line. With the extension of Bobby Massie, the Bears can afford to sign a player like Forbes as a priority free agent because he can come in and compete. Right now he is likely a PFA, and that would be a huge signing for the Bears.
Jimmy Moreland, CB, James Madison University – Jimmy Moreland will likely be a draft pick after a huge week at the Shrine Game to earn an invite to the Senior Bowl. Remember his name because this kid is a gamer. I would expect a draft pick from the 5-7 round, but this kid will be a great draft pick.
Joshua Lewis, CB, Eastern Washington – Lewis is a 6000 cornerback who plays with physicality that NFL teams are going to love. Lewis and Moreland are immediate depth players and will compete for the starting spot. Lewis will likely be a priority free agent, so this could be a great landing spot for him.
Jonathant Istache, S, Duquesne – Istache has been getting blown up by NFL scouts after a huge performance in Virginia at the HBCU Spirit Game and the College Gridiron Showcase in Texas. Istache is likely an undrafted free agent but this kid’s stock is flying up the boards right now.
Troy Reeder, LB, Delaware – The former Penn State linebacker Troy Reeder has a nose for the ball. He is always around the football and does not shy away from contact. Reeder may be a late round pick but many feel he will end up being a priority free agent if not selected.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kaleb Fossum, WR, University of Nevada, Reno nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/kaleb-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Diamond Talk: Isiah Swann, DB, Dartmouth | Big Green’s Bright Spot nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/isiah-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Model Rhiannon Darney is a Giants Fan, Eli Manning’s The ‘Most Important Giant Ever’ & Does AB Really Want to Be a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for August 19, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/gFXSvbi6Qb
about 2 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:NFL Players Who Retired Too Early nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/retire… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/3D2cPmPLNV
about 3 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro