• Name: Carnel Harley
• Height: 6’6″
• Weight: 205
• Position: WR
• College: Slippery Rock University
• Twitter: nelsosa11
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Philadelphia, Pa. I love my city, I even have a tattoo of my city. I can’t think of what I love most but I’m grateful to have grown up there, it teaches and humbles you a lot I can’t imagine growing up anywhere else.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, practice, strength and conditioning. I believe the game is more mental than physical. Those teams that are mentally sound are usually great teams.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not living up to my potential. Have so much potential and I don’t won’t to waste any of it.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• There was one time I was having a bad year and I thought about all the people that support me and I didn’t want to let them down.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My height and ability to get the ball
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Probably my teammate Eric Glover because it would be times I thought I had him beat, but he has great recovery.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Probably a career in basketball. I was a really good basketball player in high school.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, car, desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’d try to save all of them if I have to risk losing myself in the effort to.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Kevin Hart because of his ability to make people laugh, he’s a little bit too short, but I could work with that.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• There was one time where I got benched in my career and I could have let it break me down, but I used it as motivation and decided if I was going to come off the bench, then I would be the bench player in the nation and remain a great teammate.What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment would be a time when I was in 10th grade and I tried to cut my own hair and I messed up and the only way to fix it was to shave all of my hair off and it was right before our first home game in basketball. Everybody was making fun of me, but I didn’t; think it was personal, thought it was funny.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Probably a play I made my freshman year in the championship game. The ball was overthrown on a go route to a DB over top and I was able to dive, extend and snatch it out of the db’s hand for a catch.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• State of mind- Dizzy Wright
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Great Mental. That ties into everything. You have to be smart, you have to think on the go, you have to control your emotions when something doesn’t go as planned on the field and be able to move on to the next play, you have to want to be great, you want to have to put in the work to be great and you have to make good decisions on and off the field. Sure there are athletic freaks but most of the greats had a great mentality. That can separate you.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I really would not wanna disturb and bring someone back from the dead because I believe they’re resting in peace, but if I could I would bring back my Great Grandmom because I was really close to her for the majority of my life and I always wanted her to be around to see me make it.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Litty City. It would be the most lit club in the nation.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• I don’t think any player in overrated in the NFL. Few are chosen to be in the NFL and I believe they are there for a reason.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because when I think of respect I think about one of my favorite receivers, Terrell Owens. A lot of people don’t like him for choices and the way he acted throughout his career, but You had to respect his game, you had to respect what he brings to the table. He could have definitely made better choices, but teams respect his game. He’s a top 5 receiver ever.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Probably Josh Gordon because being a tall receiver myself, I love to watch the taller receiver in the NFL, like Julio Jones, Aj Green, Calvin Johnson, and more. Josh Gordon was and I still believe is a very good football player. His off-field issues have slowed down his career that looked very promising a few years ago.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. That’s the objective. Wins only!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad definitely has the biggest influence on my life by far
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Middle Tennessee WR C.J. Windham nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/c-j-wi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/rondal… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Calais Campbell positive too twitter.com/rapsheet/statu…
about 37 mins ago
- Two Primetime games lost because of COVID I’d be pissed too twitter.com/rapsheet/statu…
about 44 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: David Montgomery Injury Update, Is he playing week 12? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/david-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/mtilo2rCFp
about 48 mins ago