- Name: Cardell Rawlings
- Height: 6’2
- Position: OLB/ DE
- College: Wingate University
- Twitter: dell_ohsowavy
Tell us about yourhometown, and what you love most about it?
• Smithfield, NC! The Carolina premium outlets isalways a good get away before or after a good bite to eat from crickets or thechicken barn! If you know you know!
List these three in orderof importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, film study , Strength andconditioning
What do you worry about,and why?
• Being a better me ! Reason being due to me knowinghow much I could benefit and contribute to the greater good of others
Give me an example of whenyou failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Once I enrolled in the Spanish course I failed myfirst 2 test drastically. Began utilizing a tutor, finding online study games,and practice it in my daily life for it to pay off in the end and enable me toconclude the course with a B+
What do your teammates sayis your best quality?
• My passion for the game (work ethic &determination)
Who is the best player youhave ever played against in college?
• Teammate, Robert Wallace
What would your career be ifyou couldn’t play football?
• I would be an performance specialist at a wellknown training facility
Room, desk, and car – whichdo you clean first?
• Room , Because that’s where my day gets started from
If there was a disaster andyou could either save three strangers or one family member, which would youchoose and why?
• Whichever family member is closest to me! So wecan at least talk about the good times that we shared with our family.
If you could be anytelevision or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Otis the security guard from The “Martin” show. If you seen any episodes with Otis featured you would understand why I chose him as my character.
Tell me about your biggestadversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Being the only one out of my circle of friends toattend college on top of being an collegiate athlete. I stayed the course andworked hard to optimize on the situation
What is your mostembarrassing moment?
• In minor league football I played running back. Onone run I managed to break a tackle but scored the touchdown with my pants onmy ankles due to the defender pulling them down in attempts to make a tackle.
What was the most memorableplay of your collegiate career?
• The 4th down strip sack in the 4th quarter down by3 giving our offense a chance to score for the win
What song best describesyour work ethic?
• “Keep working “
What is the most importanttrait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the nextlevel?
• Mental toughness!
If you could bring oneperson back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather!! As a man of age, I havesome questions I want to ask with intentions to receive wisdom andremarkable meaningful “old sayings”
If you were to open a danceclub, what would you name it?
• “The Boom Boom Room”
Who is the most overratedplayer in the NFL?
• Joe Flacco
Would you rather be likedor respected, and why?
• Respected!! Someone could like you and not respect you! But if they respect you it’s kind of difficult for them not to like you!
What player who had hiscareer derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Terrel Owens, because it was evident to see how passionate he was about his game that some of his voiceful remarks
Do you love to win, or hateto lose?
• I love to win because I never lose! Even with aloss I win with the knowledge I’ve gained
Who has been the biggestinfluence on your life and explain why?
- I would say, my father! Mainly because I’m blessed to have him in my life to show me the ropes in carrying myself as a successful man in all aspects.