• Name: Brody Oliver
• Height: 6’3″
• Weight: 208 lbs
• Position: WR
• College: Colorado School of Mines
• Twitter: @bsoliver15
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Elizabeth, Colorado is a small town southeast of Denver. It is mostly a ranching community but it is only 30 minutes from the suburbs. I loved the quiet, slow moving feeling that I had growing up there but I mostly enjoyed growing up in Colorado and going to the mountains and enjoying so many outdoor activities.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study, Strength and Conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not be able to provide for my family. It makes me push harder because I always hoped to be in a position that allows me to support my friends and family as they have supported me my entire life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In college I failed my first Physics 2 exam (scored 34%). This was by far the worst grade that I had ever received, and after failing that first test I doubted my ability to pass the course. I had to put in a lot of extra hours of studying and using my teammates and classmates as resources to help finish homework assignments and understand difficult concepts. I passed the course and learned that you can’t half ass a difficult situation, but need to work that much harder to overcome it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Darius Williams, CB Colorado State-Pueblo
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a Metallurgical Engineer working in the oil and gas industry.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member because my family is the most important thing to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Jon Snow from Game of Thrones. Jon is a man of honor and is always doing whatever he believes is the right thing to do. He is also an incredible leader and a fierce warrior. He chooses to fight even when faced with impossible odds. To sum it all up, Jon Snow is a bad ass.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Only being recruited by 2 schools coming out of High School. I felt that I had all the tools to be an elite college football player even though almost no one believed in me. Having that chip on my shoulder throughout my career helped me work that much harder and prove that athletes from small schools can perform at the highest level.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Playing the wildcat QB against Colorado Mesa in 2017 on a 3rd and short situation. I got absolutely stuffed in the hole for a loss of 1 but my helmet got ripped off and a face mask was called so we got the first down. My Mines teammates still get a good laugh at how bad that play was and how lucky we were for the flag.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Catching a touchdown on the first drive of our 2nd round playoff match-up in 2016 against Ferris State.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Simple Man – Lynyrd Skynyrd
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Work Ethic
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My uncle Bruce Oliver. He was one of the most fun people to be around. I would love to play a competitive Oliver family volleyball game and laugh at all the smack he would talk.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Disco Engineering
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Chris Harris, CB, Denver Broncos
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Life is not a popularity contest. I believe to become successful, you must always gain respect from your peers.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aldon Smith, DE, San Francisco 49ers. Smith was one of the most talented players I got to watch and was an absolute animal on the field. Unfortunately, he could not shake his drug and alcohol habits and his life quickly spiraled out of control.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Grandfather. He served two tours in Vietnam and started a small business that lasted 30 years after his
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Will anyone claim Mark Ingram today and his salary? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mark-i… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/qzfM0Nbos9
about 2 hours ago
- Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/packer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago