Before I begin with this interview, I want to tell a little story. I was playing midget football for the Salamanca Sabers and I was hit by #54 on the opposing team. That was the hardest hit I ever received playing football. My ear pad shot out and as I picked myself up off the ground, I just remembered to run away from 54. At the end of the game we were going through shaking hands and I was looking for number 54. As I approached the player number 54 had long red hair. Her name was Chantel.
After that play, you could not tell me a female would not be in college football one day. Well, yesterday a skill player was finally offered to play college football and it just so happened to be one of my followers on Twitter. Toni agreed to do an interview with us at NFL Draft Diamonds, and we could not be prouder. So enough about me, let’s me the true hero!!
Full Name: Antoinette Harris
Position: Free safety
You are the first non-kicker to be given a scholarship as a female in college football, what do you tell the girls playing who are following in your footsteps?
• Keep pushing & never give up on your dreams, the sky is not the limit, go higher!
What was it like when you received your first offer? Take us through the day and how you heard the news?
• My first offer was super scary, I was laying in bed, woke up & seen all the missed calls, I didn’t know what was wrong. I called my coach & he said a school wanted to offer me and they wanted me to leavein three weeks, I knew then I was ready & so I stayed one morw year to develop more mentally & physically .
You will be playing at a small school, we love small school football, what are you going to bring to Central Methodist?
• School size doesn’t matter, it’s how you go about things! I wanna bring more fire & passion . I wanna develop more so that I can be one of the best safies to ever play at CMU. I wanna bring the energy to win with my brothers on & off the field. I wanna lead & make my team better.
Who is your favorite NFL player?
• Kam Chancellor
You are not afraid of hitting someone, but who is the toughest player you have ever faced?
• All the people I’ve ever went against bring something different, so it’s unique every time. There isn’t a toughest player.
What was your most memorable play?
•My first highlighted play on my Hudl, will be remembered forever!
Who has been your biggest inspiration?
• The Lord God himself
If you could sit down and pick the brain of one NFL player who would it be?
• Deion Sanders or Shannon Sharpe most funniest yet iconic players ever
What is your ultimate goal?
• My ultimate goal is to be the first female to go into the national football league
I notice you are a huge believer in Jesus Christ, what is your favorite bible verse?
• Psalms 46:5 : God is within her; she will not fail.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Cheaper By The Dozen: NFL Week 2 DFS Value Plays ift.tt/2FQ06ch
about 30 mins ago
- Week 2 Preview: New York Giants vs. Chicago Bears ift.tt/2RIxzI0
about 30 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Did You See This:NCAA Football Predictions 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ncaa-f… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7oiqvq62os
about 56 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago