• Name: Anthony Johnson Sr (The Gut)
• Height: 6’4
• Weight: 275
• Position: DE/DT
• College: Florida International University
• Twitter: TheGut91
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Camden County GA, What I love the most about my city St. Marys, is the waterfront downtown. It’s a beautiful site and very relaxing.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Flim Study first because studying yourself and your opponent is the most important things, you look for your opponent’s weaknesses and keys. Second would be both Practice and conditioning because they both tie in at the same time, as you practice you are working on your conditions. Id gi practices the upper hand though because
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being able to provide for my family, I was given a gift to play this sport that I love and I told my parents when I was young that I will make it to the NFL and they won’t have to worry about anything.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed in school before, I was actually dismissed from the university due to my grades being bad and it took someone believing in me and me wanting to be more for my Son to get me through it and I graduated December of 2018
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My commitment and my fight, I wanted to make sure that I didn’t miss one game because I knew my boys needed me.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Devin Singletary FAU, man is a great RB, the way he moves and how he creates plays is amazing.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I studies criminal Justice in college, and had a dream of pursuing Federal Law Enforcement DEA/ US Marshals.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room would be the first I clean first, then car then desk. I hate seeing my room any kind of dirty.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member, not sure what I would do with three strangers and how I would get along with them, but if it’s the right family member then ill be good.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Alonzo Harris (Denzel Washington) from training day because Denzel is a badass and he’s my favorite actor and Lonzo in the movie is a
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity would have to be my time spent in college and being away from my son. He was born December 5, 2014 (Freshman season) it was hard being away and missing the most important times of his life but I knew to get my education and taking advantage of football, it would help me be able to provide a better life for him and myself.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I really cant think of an embarrassing moment.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The 2017 season, UTSA the score was 14-14 UTSA had the ball on the 3 yard line, we went 4 downs toe to toe and held them out of the end zone witch then turned into us winning the game and becoming bowl eligible for the first time since 2011. It’s a game I will ever forget. I couldn’t have been prouder of me and my boys.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• No Mo Play In GA (Pastor Troy), Dreams (The Game) Flossin (Mike Jones) U Don’t Know Me (T.I.)
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would say my PaPa (Grandpa) just to be able to sit and talk with him and enjoy time with him again.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Boom Boom Room
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Zach Ertz (Eagles) how does he miss the pro bowl?
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected, It doesn’t bother me much if people don’t like me but if they can at least respect what I about then that’s all that matters.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, it sucks what addiction can do to you and how it can take what you love away from you so fast.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love winning so its clear that I hate to lose, but I hate losing more.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mom has been my biggest influence, my mom has done everything for me to make sure I can continue to play this sport I love. She never gave up on me and never let me give up on myself, she knew I had a gift and she made sure that I was going to get as high as I can.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tyler Dressler, LB, University of Richmond nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/tyler-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:423 players in the NFL are from Non-FBS schools; Find out who all made the list inside… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:There are currently 91 players in the NFL from Division 2, Find out every player here!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:There are currently 291 players in the NFL from FCS, Find out every player here!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/zion-j… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago