• Name: Zuri Elrington
• Height: 6030
• Weight: 240
• Position: OLB/DE
• College: East Central University
• Twitter: CallMeWildMan
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• In my hometown of Inglewood, California, we are known as the “City of Champions” and we pride ourselves as such. What I love most about Inglewood are the principles of the saying “it takes a village”. The community provides unrelenting support for its athletes and scholars alike.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
· Film study- I find this to be important because studying my opponent’s technique and tendencies
· Strength and conditioning- Proper power and strength conditioning is a major factor of preparation that helps to increase and prolong productivity.
· Practice- Practice a very crucial part of the game and a key component to preparing for the next opponent.
What do you worry about, and why?
• My only worry in the world is that there is someone possibly working harder than me, which makes me work even harder everyday.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- While attempting to properly take apart a laptop for a client of my father, I misplaced a few screws and stripped the small Phillips screwdriver needed for the disassembly. I was nervous at first and proceeded to trouble troubleshoot. Minutes later I realized that I could use spare screws for what was lost and that there are other screws that will work as well. I finished the product and began helping my father with his business.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• According to my teammates, my best quality is that I lead by example.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player that I’ve had the change to face was the Left Tackle for Tennessee State University.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I didn’t play football I would choose the entrepreneurial career path.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family because I value my family most.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would want to have the powers of Luke Cage. He is indestructible and still has time to help the community. He is also a strong symbol for people around him.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• In high school I was unable to participate in the first ten games of my senior season. I wasn’t eligible to play until the playoffs. When I received the news that I had to sit out, I had a hard time accepting it. I soon began to miss football. At this point, some of my teammates and best friends to this day, convinced me to continue practicing with the team in order to help the offensive line improve during the season. We eventually made the playoffs and went on a run to the CIF Southern Section Championship. I went on to play in 4 games including the Championship game.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was finding out that a Bidet was an alternative to traditional toilet seats and toilet paper.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I was lined up at left DE. After my initial pass rush, the QB scrambled to my left toward the sideline. I chased him down and delivered a clean but vicious blow before he stepped out of bounds.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Grindin All My Life
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• To make it at the next level I think it takes an enormous amount of consistency.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My cousin Charles because he died too young.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• “ The Hit.” Football reasons.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Sebastian Janikowski
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. Respect translates in many aspects of life. Also respect tends to last longer.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor. He was shot and killed as a result of being home during a robbery attempt. He was on his way to becoming one of the greatest players in history.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• My love for winning supersedes my hate for losing.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•The biggest influence in my life has been my parents. Through the hard times in life, I was blessed to have two parents that love God. They have helped to guide my steps to the best of their ability. The strength that they have shown, the commitment to family and the experiences that have come from everything in between has given me purpose in this life and a goal to work towards.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Great content here go follow them Ravens fans! twitter.com/bmorebeatdown/…
about 7 hours ago
- Cowboys had the worst fake punt ever and they had Marquette King in for a workout a couple weeks ago. Sign him and you will stop losing
about 7 hours ago
- They should have signed Marquette King! Just sayin twitter.com/clarencehilljr…
about 7 hours ago