• Name: Tyrell Thompson
• Height: 6’4
• Weight: 290
• Position: DL (DT, DE)
• College: Tarleton StateUniversity
• Twitter: @manchild254
Tell us about your hometown,and what you love most about it?
• Originally born inTampa Florida. Father was in the Army. Moved to Copperas Cove Texas when I was in 4th grade. Copperas Cove is a small town like no other. Myfavorite part about the town is that everyone loves one another, and it feelslike one big family.
List these three in order ofimportance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, know youropponent know what they’re going to do before they even do it. Practice perfectyour craft every day and become the best player you can be. Strength andConditioning, be able to endure a long season and stay in the game all 60minutes.
What do you worry about, andwhy?
• I only worry about thethings I can control. Makes no sense to stress over things that are out of myhands.
Give me an example of when youfailed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In JUCO I had multiplechances to play division 1 football and failed due to academics. I learned frommy mistakes of not taking academics seriously and now I am a soon to be collegegraduate.
What do your teammates say isyour best quality?
• Leadership. I try tolead by example on and off the field.
Who is the best player you haveever played against in college?
• Abdul Beecham- KansasState University
What would your career be ifyou couldn’t play football?
• I’d love to be aforensic scientist
Room, desk, and car – which doyou clean first?
• Room, Car, Desk
If there was a disaster and youcould either save three strangers or one family member, which would you chooseand why?
• Of course, I’d wanteveryone to live. But the one family member for sure. Family is very importantto me and if I had the chance to save them I will take it.
If you could be any televisionor movie character, who would you be and why?
• Superman. I like tocall myself superman and the things had can do are like no other superhero.
Tell me about your biggestadversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My skin condition. Iwas born with Llameller Itchyosis. A rare skin condition, doctors doubted meand said I wouldn’t make it wouldn’t play football wouldn’t play football. Withthe love and support of my family and God I am here today
What is your most embarrassingmoment?
• not many embarrassingmoments come to mind and I thank God for that
What was the most memorableplay of your collegiate career?
• making the game winningtackle against MSU Texas in overtime after a fumbled snap on the PAT
What song best describes yourwork ethic?
• Letter From Lucci- YFNLucci
What is the most importanttrait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the nextlevel?
• physically size andball get off. Non-Physical my football IQ and ability to lead from the time Ihit training camp
If you could bring one personback from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather. He wasmy biggest fan and he supported everything I did in life truly my best friend.
If you were to open a danceclub, what would you name it?
• BIG T’s
Who is the most overratedplayer in the NFL?
• Tom Brady
Would you rather be liked orrespected, and why?
• Respected. Respect goesa lot farther than being liked. Anyone can be liked but being respected takes alot of someone especially men.
What player who had his careerderailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ezekiel Elliot. Missingthose games really hurt him and the cowboys that season. He’s slowly becomingthe back he should’ve already been
Do you love to win, or hate tolose?
• hate to lose. When welost in Minnesota this year that had to be the hardest thing to accept.
Who has been the biggestinfluence on your life and explain why?
My mother. She has sacrificedso much just for me to be where I am today. She may not have always had it, butfound a way for me to get whatever I wanted or needed. Forever will be thankfulfor her.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Seth Cottengim, LS, Arkansas State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- ICYMI:Raymond Johnson III, Edge, Georgia Southern | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/raymon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Ohio State Spring Game 2021 | Quarterback Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VnaSgMW3QO
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 20, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jarrod Hewitt, DT, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jarrod… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago