• Name: Trejon Dinkins
• Height: 5’9”
• Weight: 180
• Position: Safety
• College: Millersville University
• Twitter: T_Dinkins7
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I did a lot of moving growing up but if I had to pick I would say my Hometown was North Plainfield, NJ. I love North Plainfield because of how close everyone stays after they go their separate ways. Everyone keeps in touch and tends to root for and support those who are striving to reach for their goals.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, Film Study, Practice. You must prepare your mind and body prior to any sporting event. I believe the beginning of the season starts with offseason training. You must train yourself to be able to withstand the storm and then some. I trained to make sure when my opponents got tired, I was just getting started. Film study is what separates the average players to the great players. Studying your opponent’s tendencies (alignment, unconscious habits they do pre-snap, and the different ways they attack situations) allowed me to play more fluent and not think as much. It allowed me to react faster because of what I had already seen hundreds of time with film study. Practice makes perfect. Repeated mastering of your craft allows for more efficient movements.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I only worry about the things that I can control, meaning m everyday tasks that I can do to take me closer to my goals. If you worry too much about thing out of control, you lose focus on the important tasks at hand.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I did not have the best grades coming out of the University of Delaware and high school. O I knew that once I reached Millersville, I wanted to change the fact the grades were one of my weaknesses. After two years at Millersville, I have made a total 360 turnaround. I now have some of the best grades on my team. I did so by planning and making sure I used all of my free time wisely with studying, reviewing, and planning my months out with work prior. I made sure I completed all of my tasks before I started relaxing.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• my leadership, both verbal and nonverbal
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Craig Reynolds was a versatile player who could hurt you at all facets of the game, running, receiving, and returning kicks.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Athletic Director or a Sports Facility manager/ Training Facility owner
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would die trying to save both. I believe everyone should be given equal opportunity, so I would risk everything I had to try to save everyone.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Batman. I love Batman because he doesn’t have any superpower, other than wealth lol, but fights against villains with super powers. He works extremely hard to fight and defend the people of his town off shear hard work and dedication. He also is the one to bring all the heroes of the justice League together. To me a leader is one who attracts and inspires others to work with him for a shared vision and goal.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I attended the University of Delaware before transferring to Millersville University. Due to financial hardships and not being a full scholarship guy, I had to leave school. Instead of giving up on my dream, I reinvented myself by working out 6 times a week and studying the game of football with a new motivation to prove to everyone I met I was going to succeed. I then had to re-recruit myself to all of the schools that recruited me. I visited 5 and received 2 offers and ultimately choose Millersville University. My new goal wasn’t just play but to dominate wherever I went and be the leader and go to guy when times got difficult. It was one of my defining moments. To either give up or fight for a dream and opportunity to show why I should be competing at a high level.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment would probably be the pick six I dropped to start the game. I was able to shake it off and made a big play after but it iis definitely a play I look back at that I wish I had back.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my career would be during my first career start at Millersville. It was towards the end of the game and it was a crucial drive for their offense. It was 3 & short, and we were sending a man pressure and I was 1-on-1 with the RB. I knew they were running the ball so once he got the handoff, the blitz closed off all other gaps except one. I shot to the gap with no remorse and met him in the gap. it was just him and I and he had to go throw me to get the first down. I shot right at him giving all I had and decleated him. I looked him in his eye and saw the fear on his face, from that moment on I knew my place on that field and new my job was to set the tone for my team and defense every game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Meek Mill’s Dreams and Nightmares
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My unwillingness to accept defeat and to be the best me I can be. Hard work beats talent every day, and if given a chance I will prove that with my extreme hard work and talent.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back Dr. Martin Luther King, so he could see the impact he has had on the world and give thanks to him for the many opportunities I had due to him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• CLUB LIVE
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• I can’t really say who the most overrated player is. Anyone who has a sport on a NFL team is extremely talented and worthy of my respect.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because that shoes that I have stuck to my morals and values rather than altering who I am to please individuals.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick, but I don’t think it was an issue. I think he knew the possible repercussions for his actions and still stood up for what he believed in. Ultimately, he made the right decision by standing up to his values but I just wish it didn’t affect his NFL career as much as it did.
Do you love to win or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose. I give everything I have in my take on every down, so when I lose I take it personal and use it as motivation for the next week.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My younger sister and younger cousins have a big influence my life. They are the reason I never quit and continue to work extremely hard to accomplish my dreams and aspirations. I want them to be able to look at me and know that if they put their mind to it they can achieve anything they dream of.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Mississippi State University DB Shawn Preston nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/shawn-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Turkey Day Picks, Predictions, and Fantasy Sleepers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/turkey… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/zE6XADAzec
about 28 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Nico Collins, WR, University of Michigan nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nico-c… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/0O5DGLXSQZ
about 34 mins ago
- Turkey Day Picks, Predictions, and Fantasy Sleepers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/turkey… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/uaJg0eNyFp
about 35 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Tariq Castro-Fields, CB, Penn State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tariq-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago