• Name: Tavares Johnson Jr
• Height: 190
• Weight: 6’2”
• Position: WR/DB
• College: Alcorn State University
• Twitter: @_TheRealTwan
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Cleveland, MS it’s a small town with a lot of pride and overlooked potential.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice, I choose film study first because knowing your opponent is vital in order to be successful against them.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being there for my son when he needs me, because I know the world we’re living in today, and I know he needs as much guidance and help from me as he can get.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In high school, I personally lost a divisional game in high school fumbling the ball, but later on that year I lead the team to the playoffs first time and years in school history as a QB.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my athleticism, feet and knowledge of the game.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Danny Johnson (Redskins CB)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Coaching! Following my fathers foot steps.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, gotta keep your happy place clean.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family first & “Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind” Lol
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• John Wick, because of how lowkey and how much of an assassin he was. The ability to play attention to detail.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Having a child my sophomore year in college, I’ve dealt with it by working as much as possible and just trying to be a good father figure for him.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I think the most embarrassing moment had to be when I got a whooping in front of the class in elementary. Lol
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable moment… had to be putting the icy on the cake scoring the game winner against Jackson State.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Testimony – Kodak Black
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait I have is football intelligence.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• The mother of my child, her mother. She brought a different energy, a great, strong, smart woman. For her daughters sake. A woman I’d love my son to meet.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Boogie Down
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Kirk Cousins
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, because a talent like that, certainly shouldn’t be wasted.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose !
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• It’s so many to name, but I would have to say my father. He taught me the ins and out. On the field, off the field. Taught me how to be a man, and a father.