• Name: Justin Vaughn
• Height: 5’9
• Weight: 180
• Position: WR/Slot
• College: Missouri S&T
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Houston, TX born and raised.
I love everything about my city. That’s home. It’s where all my family and friends are. Without my city and my people I wouldn’t be who I am today.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice, Strength and Conditioning. I put film study first because if you know what’s going to happen before it even happens you’ll react that must quicker. Then with practice you have to work to perfect your craft to give the team the best you they can get come game day. With strength and conditioning that just come with being an athlete. If you aren’t on top of that you really don’t want it bad enough.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I have no worries. I know God got me at all times.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed my driving test the first time I took it because I made an illegal turn. I was caught off guard when the instructor told me I failed the test because I thought it was pretty easy. I overcame it by asking the instructor where I made the mistake at, so the next time I took my test I wouldn’t make the same illegal turn.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I can’t think of one particular individual but if I have to say someone it would probably be someone I played against in my juco career in Texas. I got a chance to line up and go head to head against some of the top recruits in the nation.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I don’t know. Football has created a path for me to be successful in life. I have always had a business mindset though.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room because it most likely would be the biggest task at hand so I would knock that out first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• That’s a tough one. I would honestly try to save them all but I would never leave Family hanging. They got me and I got them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Black Panther. I would fight for my people by any means necessary.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Becoming a father. I wouldn’t say it was so much of an adverse situation but it was a new challenge I was faced with. Having to grow up quick and stay focused as possible because it was no longer about me. Everything I do is for my baby girl. It’s forever going to be a learning experience but I was never one to be afraid of a challenge.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Not being able to get on a roller coaster in front my daughter and the entire six flags. I don’t do roller coasters. I’m afraid of heights. We weren’t blessed with wings for a reason.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Catching a 90 yard TD. That was crazy.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Work- Young Scooter & Gucci Mane
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• A good head on your shoulders. I was always told the game is 90% mental.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back Tupac to chop it up with him. He’s a hip-hop legend and I know he would have a lot to say about how the world is today.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Playaz Klub
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Nobody is overrated in the league. If you are there you are there for a reason.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. You don’t have to like me to respect me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon hands down. The man is a freak of nature.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Everyone loves to win, but the feeling of loosing after putting everything on the line just doesn’t sit well with me. I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My momma. She has been there since day one doing everything in her power to put me in positions to be successful in life. I’ve never seen her miss a day of work since I have been alive. She is a strong beautiful woman inside and out.