• Name: Julio Lozano
• Height: 6’3
• Weight: 305
• Position: Offensive line. OT/OG/C
• College: Liberty University
• Twitter: Julio_loz74
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Houston, Tx but I am a native of El Salvador. I love both my native country and Houston as I moved to Texas when I was 2 years old. I love Houston because it is a large city that has diversity and plenty of restaurants.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, practice and then strength and conditioning. I place film first because this is when you study both yourself and your opponent. You can apply what you learn in film to practice everyday and work on the little things you notcied on film. Strength and conditioning last because in football being the strongest player doesn’t mean you’re the best player although it is a vital part of being a football player..
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t necessarily worry about much as I place my trust in God and know that whatever is playing out is according to his plan.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How react and how did you overcome failure?
• Coming out of HS I failed to reach the D1 level in football. I then was presented with the opportunity to go to Junior College for 2 years and work towards my goal. Through my hard work and dedication and the countless people I had supporting me, I was blessed enough to receive a D1 scholarship and put myself in the position I am in now.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I believe they would say is my ability to adjust to change. Whether that is changing my technique according to the play or any in game adjustment that are needed to be made on the sideline.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Marlon Davidson- Auburn University (2018) and Darius Jackson- Jacksonville State (2017)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• When it is all said and done I will be a Special Education teacher
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose a family member because family means everything to me and would do anything for my loved ones.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be John Snow from Game of Thrones because of his strength and leadership that he portrays.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I would say that it was having to go to JUCO for 2 years and not knowing if I would even be able to continue my college career if it weren’t for a football scholarship. However in those 2 years I did everything I had to do right from the classroom, football, socially and spiritually. It has helped mold me into the person I am now.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Nothing crazy, maybe just slipping in front of a lot of people.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I don’t know if there’s just one play in particular I can choose but being an FCS school in 2017 and going to Baylor University and beating them in their home opener is something I’ll never forget.Also having an all FBS in 2018 and competing against SEC and ACC schools such as Auburn and University of Virginia was pretty amazing and memorable.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• I would say Apparently by J. Cole
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My desire to compete and be successful in anything that I do. That includes challenging myself to reach new heights and set high goals.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Dad, he passed away when I was 2 so having a conversation with him would be pretty cool.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Don’t think anybody in the league is overrated. Those are the best football players in the world, reason they’re in the NFL.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I think that when you’re liked people tend to respect you and vice versa so either one would be fine with me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice because I had the chance to personally meet him and hear him speak face to face on the subject. He seems to be very resentful of that day and is now a man of faith seeking to help others avoid some of the mistakes he made.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom by far. She is a single mother who raised three children on her own. She sometimes worked 4 jobs at a time while running on 1 or 2 hours of sleep to ensure that there was enough to put a roof over our heads.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 14, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ryan Neuzil, OL, Appalachian State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- Did You See This:Justin Fields is NOT a one read quarterback | Film study of him going through progressions… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Darren Hall, CB, San Diego State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/darren… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Noah Johnson, QB, University of South Florida… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago