• Name: Joe Stoneman
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 235
• College: West Virginia State University
• Twitter: @joestoneman
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most aboutit?
• I am from Wytheville VA, the thing Ilike most about is that it’s a small town and I didn’t have a lot ofconnections coming out of high school so its always been challenging to get myname out to coaches and scout but I like the challenge
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study,Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, practice, strength andconditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• I just worry about letting my mom down,she has been there for my through thick and thin so I just want to make herhappy.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How didyou react and how did you overcome failure?
• I got kicked off my college team myjunior year going into my senior year and my coach told me I had to go home tocommunity college and train and get a 3.0 GPA to get back on the team and I didjust that and got my act together and got a 3.5 GPA and got back on my team mysenior year and had an amazing year, it changed my life forever. Very blessed
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Id have to say my passion, they see mypassion for the game on and off the field and they respect that the most
Who is the best player you have ever played against incollege?
• Connor Jessup, played at SheperdUniversity and was signed to the Redskins
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Well I got my degree in CriminalJustice so it would have to be somewhere in that field.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk because its my place of work
If there was a disaster and you could either save threestrangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• one family member because family comesfirst and loyalty is everything
If you could be any television or movie character, who wouldyou be and why?
• I have always wanted to be in a fastand furious movie, they are my favorites so id have to say id want to be VinDiesel or The Rock with there roles in the movies.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’vedealt with or overcome it?
• It would have to be the same as when Ifailed at something. I got kicked off mycollege team my junior year going into my senior year and my coach told me Ihad to go home to community college and train and get a 3.0 GPA to get back onthe team and I did just that and got my act together and got a 3.5 GPA and gotback on my team my senior year and had an amazing year, it changed my lifeforever. Very blessed
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Telling my mom I had been removed frommy football team
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• 1st game of the year againstour rival Charleston, it was 3rd and 1 with 4 minutes left in thegame, and we were down by 4 and I made a huge TFL to make it 4th and5 so they had to punt.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• We own it (Wiz Khalifa)
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical orNon-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Im defiantly a big guy and am physicalbut the most important thing that my coaches taught me in college was to have agrowth mind set, to never be settled with where youre at and that theres alwaysopportunity to grow, so id have to say having a strong mindset
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day,who would it be and why?
• Mac Miller, and just because I lovedhis music and he was a great and positive role model for a lot of people.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Prime Station
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Kirk Cousins
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected for sure, everyone isn’tgoing to like you, either for your work ethic or other reasons but people don’thave to like you to respect you and respect goes a long way in my opinion
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issuesdo you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordan, and because he is such agreat athlete and could be one of the top WRs we have ever seen but he has setbacks that he can’t get away from so I feel sorry for him. Because everyoneknows the talent he can put out there
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win, easy. Losing effectspeople in different ways, does it suck? Yes, but a lose just means a lessonlearned and a shows you what you did wrong to improve.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explainwhy?
• Mom, because my dad left when I wasyoung so it was just me and her for the longest and that is just one strongwoman, every practice, every game, she took me or was there always and Iwouldn’t be here without her today.