• Name: Jody Fortson Jr
• Height: 6’6
• College: Valdosta State University
• Twitter: @JodyFortsonJr
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Buffalo, New York
What I love most about my city is the people there. EVERYTIME I come back in town they show love and support. There’s no better feeling than your city being behind you.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study- That’s where all the installs happens. That’s where you key in on your opponent and see what tendencies they have.
Practice- This is where you put all the film study and all the mental work into action. Your GOD given ability is going to take over and allow you to do what you do best.
Strength and Conditioning- Although I have this last it’s equally as important as the other two. You can’t possibly expect to be at the top of your game if you’re not putting in the effort in the weight room or perfecting your craft.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about nothing I’m a strong believer in what GOD can do. #callGOD
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’ve failed at playing at the Division 1 level. Of course initially I was hurt but ultimately it just made me hungrier and grew that chip into a boulder.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Passion, Doesn’t matter who is on the other side of the ball. I’m going to bring that aggression.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Kenny Moore II
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’d probably coach if I couldn’t live my dream I’d tried to help kids like myself live there’s.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room,Desk and Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My Sister DaViel thats all I got.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’d be Superman in any of the marvel movies. Who doesn’t want to fly ? And have Super Powers ??
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Losing my uncle (Barrie “Yummy” Woods) my freshman year in college. That was my mentor,best friend,brother etc… all in one person. I just used that pain as motivation
“fuel to the fire” he always told me “kill em with success” so that’s what I plan to do. That’s how I’ve overcame this adversity.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I don’t have one.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Being featured on “ You got mossed” shout out to the G.O.A.T Randy Moss !
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dreams and Nightmares- Meek Mill
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental Toughness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My uncle just so he could witness everything we spoke become reality.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• No comment
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected ! Respect last longer.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Stedman Bailey- He was at the top of his game and was just in a tragic situation.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• LOVE TO WIN.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Jesus Christ, I KNOW where all my talent and strength comes from.. Just have to give the credit where it’s due.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Arizona High School football star Edward Crocker died after being thrown from car in two-car crash in Phoenix… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Ouch you see sometimes it is worth it to trade up twitter.com/pff/status/138…
about 30 mins ago
- Can we cover this instead of all the bad things in the media? This is amazing twitter.com/joncoopertweet…
about 32 mins ago
- This is getting out of hand twitter.com/mikecoppinger/…
about 33 mins ago
- Sad twitter.com/tdonline/statu…
about 1 hour ago