• Name: Jaelan Austin
• Height: 6020
• Weight: 200
• Position: Wide Receiver
• College: Texas Christian University
• Twitter: @He_Going_Pro
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Grand Prairie, TX. The thing I love the most about Grand Prairie is the community’s support for Athletics. My city truly pushes for their home grown athletes to be successful in their sport and life.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
1)Strength and Conditioning, because it’s what gives you a chance. Doesn’t mean you’ll be great but it gives you a chance.
3)Practice, because that’s where you fine tune everything your taught and prepare yourself both mentally and physically for game day.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my mother, my relationship with God, and being the best version of me. My mother is my world and has done everything in her power to help get where I am today. My relationship with God matters more than anything in this world. And mastering myself in every aspect is what I feel will give me the best chance to be successful and optimize any opportunity I create or am given.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My senior year, I had mild toe sprain and had to sit out our game against Texas Tech. My first ever game missing for an injury and mentally I was frustrated. I sat myself down prayed to God and took a big deep breath and told myself this will make me stronger than I was prior to it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic is typically what they say my best quality is.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If playing football was no longer an option, I would most definitely go into coaching.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my room first, desk, then car. Work inside out.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• In all honesty I would save three strangers because I could never allow that many people to die.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Denzel Washington in the Equalizer because he exemplifies what it means to do what’s right.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was my parents divorcing at age 7. I dealt with by honing in all my anger, sadness, frustration, and emotion into sports. Gave me the drive I needed to grind harder than my competition.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I threw up on a girl in Kindergarten.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Catching the first touchdown pass in the 2016 Alamo Bowl against Oregon as a true freshman. Sparked the comeback from a 31-0 deficit.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Who I do it for by YFN Lucci
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My strength, it’s been the main reason I’ve been able to stay healthy for so long and be a durable player and I feel that’s important in the NFL, durability.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Martin Luther King, because he was a man ahead of his time and to possess the knowledge to have the vision he had for African Americans and the rest of the United States is amazing.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• El Nacho, after my grandfather Ignacio.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Eli Manning
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because that means your peers know and acknowledge your worth.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kapernick, only because he was expressing his rights given to him by the amendment and it ended his career.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother, she raised me and my brothers by herself and made sure we were never without. She made sure we were able to play every sport we desired to since age 5. She worked a full time job and yet still never missed a single game all the way up to my college career. She’s my role model and so much more.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:AAF Attendance is up for second week in a row, and now Johnny Manziel is playing!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Amani Bledsoe, DL University of Oklahoma… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Tristian Green, LB, Saint Augustine nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/03/tristi…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for March 19th, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/03/nfltra… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/oK7yyzKep4
about 2 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Andre Williams, OLB, University of Pikeville… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro