• Name: Jacob Carmouche
• Height: 5’9
• Weight: 185
• Position: RB/Slot WR
• College: Avila University
• Twitter: carmouche_jacob
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?• I am from a small town called sunset,La. It isn’t much to see but I can say that it is a country place that has everything you need to live a peaceful life. The thing I love most about where I am from is the people and how much love comes from the community.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• First I feel it should be film study because that is where your mental focus starts and without film you can’t know your opponent’s every move! • Second I feel like it should be practice because that’s where you combine your mental focus with your mental toughness and gain from your mistakes. • Third I think strength and conditioning is a key factor in many areas of the game. Many players have the smarts but is to weak to make the plays they need to make because of lack of strength and conditioning.
What do you worry about, and why? • I worry about not being successful in life. I worry about not being able to see my parents and family as happy as they should be of me. I worry about how life will be if I don’t become a successful African American male.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure? • My Jr year in our High school football jamboree I was diagnosed with the stomach flu but it was one of the biggest battles my school was going to have. I was throwing up and catching cramps from not being hydrated and many people was telling me not to play. At first I let that get to me so I was not going to play but I just felt the failure inside and it just didn’t sit right with me. So i drunk as much water and Gatorade as i could before the game and forced myself to play that half of football just so I could let the feeling of failure go.
What do your teammates say is your best quality? • I think they would say my personality.I am a fun teammate to have once we get to know each other. They looked at me as a leader that just showed up when it was time for a leader to show up. They knew they could come talk to me about anything even if it was something they felt they couldn’t tell the coach. My personality plays a big role on every team I’ve been on since popwarner football.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I played against was Malcolm Butler who played for Hinds community college at the time and is currently a Tennessee Titan. He is damn good corner because if any DB could stop the WR core we had at Mississippi Gulf Coast they deserve their stripes.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football? • Military would have to be the answer to that question.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• You definitely should clean the room first because it is a place where you can just be alone and be at peace. My room is where i find myself and make all my thoughts come together.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• It would have to be a family member.My loyalty means a lot to me. If i could save my family members and it is time for everyone else then everyone will live.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• It would have to be Friday Night lights and Of course every running back wanted to be boobie miles.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity of my life is these bad breaks I keep having in college. Soon as I can get the ball rolling something always had to give it a wrong turn. After my first college season I thought I was finished from an ankle injury but it never stopped me. I took a semester off and came back like nothing happen. It was like i never lost a step. It been a long road with many road blocks but I don’t stop most of the time I just run through them.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Most embarrassing moment has to be when I was young I had this crush on this beauty black woman but she was older than me. So one day I stop caring she was older than me and went talk to her and she turned me down because i was to black, which was her words. So now darkskin woman gets very little attention from me because that one made me salty.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play in college has to be my 43 yard run up the middle against Hinds community college to seal off the game and win us the South Division Championship in 2011.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• A song that describes my work ethic would be “Rainbow” by Lil Boosie. That song makes me wanna go get it every time because at the end has to be my success.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My IQ of the game itself would be my most important trait. I’ve been plying the game going on 24 years and i been around watching my pops coach before i could even signup.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why? •One person I would bring back from the dead would have to be my grandpa. It was the hardest lost I’ve had ever. That man was more than the best grandpa. He showed and told me more than enough stuff to make me a good man. He showed me stuff Everyman should know how to do before they become men.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• My dance club name would be “ Nothing butt 10’s” because it would be beautiful women everywhere.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• I would say Andrew Luck. I know a lot of players have bad games but when he is off that means he is off all the way. And it’s still all praise that he is carrying the colts.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected no matter what. Anyone can like you but they’re going to like you and walk all over you but if they don’t like you but respects you they’re going to walk aside.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice one of my favorite running backs. He was chewed out and band from the NFL for have an altercation within his own relationship.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• It’s all about the W at the end!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My pops has the biggest influence on my life because he pushes me to greater limits. It’s never the end for him. Once something doesn’t work and feels like it comes to the end he always find another way to make me keep going with a dream we all have.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Seth Cottengim, LS, Arkansas State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- ICYMI:Raymond Johnson III, Edge, Georgia Southern | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/raymon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Ohio State Spring Game 2021 | Quarterback Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VnaSgMW3QO
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 20, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jarrod Hewitt, DT, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jarrod… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago