• Name: Eric Bowie Jr.
• Height: 6’1”
• Weight: 225
• Position: LB
• College: Jackson State University
• Twitter: @Dagamechanga_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it? I’m from Monroe, La. The thing I love the most about my hometown is the friends I’ve made here over time and the amount of athletic competition that is bred here. To stand out in my city means you have to be a really good athlete because there are so many that come from here.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
Practice, Film Study, Strength and Conditioning.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about nothing, because God is in control of everything. I cast all my worries, and uncertainties upon Him.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• One thing that sticks out that I failed at is passing my Graduate level microeconomics course. I know Math is not my strong suit, and after taking the class the first time I knew I had to come back with more tenacity and focus in order to pass it. I reacted by coming back harder than I did the previous time.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is my leadership ability. I transferred after graduating from Tulane with 2 years of eligibility and ended up being team captain my final year.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I ever played against was Greg Ward from University of Houston.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would utilize my MBA to go into hospital/healthcare administration.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• My car would definitely be cleaned first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member. Because my family has been there for me since the beginning. There’s no replacing them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Bruce Wayne. I’d be him because he’s a billionaire businessman, and a superhero and honestly it doesn’t get any better than that.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity I’ve overcome is transferring from a private PWI to a HBCU. The two are very different and both have their own pros and cons. The way I dealt with it is through perseverance and understanding. Also, engaging with people more while enhancing my people skills.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when my Dad messed my haircut up once (he used to cut all my brothers hair). And I had to go to school basically bald.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play my whole college career was when I got the critical PBU to seal the deal against FAMU.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lil Boosie & Webbie -Hustlin’
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My work ethic and perseverance through adversity. I’ve had to work for every ounce of everything I’ve been awarded and granted. No handouts and I’m okay with that.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My friend/brother Dillon Neal. I’d bring him back because he deserves the chance that he was robbed of when we were in high school.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Krushed Diamonds.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Josh Norman
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, because respect influences the actions and thinking of others. Being liked only influences the thoughts.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kareem Hunt. I feel for him because even though he wasn’t right at how he handled things, the cards should not have been dealt that way to him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents have the biggest influence on my life. They have been there every step of the way for me since birth and haven’t steered me in the wrong direction. The position I am in right now is based upon me taking heed to the lessons and advice they give me.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ryan Neuzil, OL, Appalachian State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Justin Fields is NOT a one read quarterback | Film study of him going through progressions… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Darren Hall, CB, San Diego State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/darren…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Noah Johnson, QB, University of South Florida… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jerry Jacobs, DB, Arkansas nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/jerry-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago