• Name: Elijah Timarky
• Height: 6ft
• Weight: 235
• Position: Linebacker
• College: Alabama A&M University
• Twitter: @RamessesVIII
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Originally born in Honolua, Hawaii . Father was in the Army. Moved to Killeen, TX. I love most about my town is the different military families and all the different culture it brings to the town. Football is very big where I’m from. I played for Copperas Cove high school.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
1. Studying Your Opponent. When it comes to scouting your opponent, it makes you aware of their tendencies and how they play on all facets of the game. Studying game film is an important aspect of the process but you can’t forget that execution means everything. Watching game film comes from the love of the sport. Also, analyzing and breaking down your own game is very important. It can separate a good player from a great player. It’s imperative to know what you’re good at and where you need to strive to make improvements.
2. Practice is very important to me. Every time I step of the field its competition to be the best. I practice as if I’m playing a game. When the moment comes into the game I don’t have to think just all reaction and skills I prepare myself to make those tackles.
3. Strength training is important for athletes across all sports but for football players, it’s a prerequisite for safe competition. The physicality of football means that athletes, especially young athletes, must be structurally strong and conditioned to compete safely. If one of your players shows up under-prepared, his safety and your team’s chance of success is at risk.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Worry is essentially a control issue. It’s trying to control the uncontrollable. I would be lying if I said I don’t worry about anything. But I can say I do worry about my daughter that something I can say. Jesus gives us an illustration from nature in Matthew 6:26: “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?” There’s only one thing in all of God’s creation that worries: people. We’re the only things God has created that don’t trust him, and God says this is unnatural.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• There was time when I wasn’t playing football after high school. One day I decided to go walk on at Cisco Junior college. From being a walk on to full scholarship to cisco college, started every game. Being Top 5 in leading tackles with 109 National Leader board for NJCAA. Signed D1 FBS to Alabama A&M started and played every game. Also, graduated with Cum Laude and business degree.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Team leader and life time brother.Most talented and innovative. He leads with confidence and can create an inclusive team environment. Given his exemplary work ethic.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Kyle Shurmur running back for Vanderbilt, BRODERICK THOMAS from UAB. I played against some other player too.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be fire fighter in the air force/ owning my own business
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would like to save them all but since I must choose one. But I would save my family member. Family is very important to me.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• From singing to Harding University out of high school to play football to getting red shirted and not playing for a year and not capable of coming back to the school to due to issue. I didn’t know at that point I didn’t know what to do with my life and that when I took a chance to go walk on at Cisco Junior College.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I really don’t have any thank god.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Were playing Jackson State University and the score was 21 to 16 we were up. It was 4th quarter and the down distance was 4 and 1 and if they get the first down there more likely to score and win the game. Jackson state offense run outside zone run with Jordan Johnso the RB. I was acting like I was blitzing to the weakside of the offense and read outside zone and ended up filling up C gap blowing up the RB and stopping them from getting a first down. Put the offense back the field to win the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Kevin Gates – I Don’t Get Tired
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• physically size and very explosive player. Non-Physical my football IQ and ability to lead.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back my good friends DeQuan and Brain. They were both big part of helping me to get where I am at now.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Angels Wing
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Zach Ertz, TE, Philadelphia Eagles
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected of course. It is more important to be respected rather than liked. Because getting someone to like you is normal but earning respect for yourself in someone’s eyes is extraordinary. In the game of football, I say both.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Reuben Foster, getting kicked off the team for issue off the field just really hurt to see my favorite linebacker to sit out for this season.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I would say I hate to lose. When you’re going into a game your expecting to win. You put so much time and effort to win on Saturdays, so you have made up in your mind your going to win. So, losing is so hard to accept. No one goes into game thinking or wanting to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
The biggest influencer in my life has been my parent. Having Five kids and my dad was the only person to have a job at the time. Being in the military and working at Home Depot to having two jobs to provide for us kids. My parents pushed me to be great in anything I do and to never give up on my dreams. They also didn’t just tell me there living examples for me in life.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for April 22, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Dang so sad twitter.com/sportscenter/s…
about 1 hour ago
- This is going to be huge!! I want you to sign up for a chance to win!! twitter.com/play4_sports/s…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Arizona high school quarterback Aden Morris and his Mother Tish died in a car accident… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Tomorrow, we will drop the interview. We asked him the questions about the critics questioning his skills at outsid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago