- Name: Donavan O’ Brien Stephenson
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 200 lbs.
- Position: DB, OLB
- College: Virginia Union University
- Twitter: N/A
- Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
Stamford Connecticut, a small state and even smaller town. One thing I love mostabout it is the diversity, it’s the best place to raise a family because you get thebest of all worlds.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength andConditioning and Practice?
- Film study is most important because you may not be the strongest, fastest or most athletic, but by watching film you’ll be able to always be in the right place at the right time.
- Practice is second most important because the game is not played one vs one, but 11 on 11, bad tendencies must be learned and corrected as a team.
- Strength and conditioning would have to be third because this is a period for you to better yourself, this is a good opportunity for you to develop yourself mentally, physically, and spiritually.
- What do you worry about, and why?
I try not to stress much, but I worry mostly about family and friends and how Ineed to help change.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and howdid you overcome failure?
I never want to come off as cocky, but I never really failed, I ran into a lot of obstacles, but I just always seemed to find a way and make the best of what I had. “Bend but never break”, if I had to name one thing I guess it would be the fact that I was not able to go D1 after high school, but I do not regret attending Virginia Union because they gave me a home when no one else would!
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
It’s a tossup between the Virginia Union Offense or Trent Cannon.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- My room, my car, and then my desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one familymember, which would you choose and why?
- Family, family comes first.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- The HULK, because I would be the strongest and fastest player on the field.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- I wouldn’t know where to start, college wasn’t easy, high school wasn’t any better, but I know that others have it worse and I’m never one to complain or make excuses.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My most embarrassing moment would have to have
bewhen I was in middle school. I had on my cleats, shoulder pads, and football pants, but it wasn’t until stretch lines where I realized that I had left my helmet at home.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My most memorable play would have to be my 87-yard PAT block return
• Everyday – Marshmello & Logic
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to helpyou succeed at the next level?
- Consistency, this would apply to my work ethic and drive as well as my love for the game. Whatever the task, I will constantly work at it until I am the best at it.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be andwhy?
- If I could bring anyone back for a day it would be my grandmother Rose who had a hand in raising me. She would come back and make me hot chocolate and little crackers or her porridge, which she made with love.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Can’t really say because at the end of the day they are where I am trying to be period.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Not saying that a lot of people don’t like me, but I’d rather be respected, I could care less of what people think of me, I’m fine with the skin I’m in. I am a humble, respectable, and fearless young man so if you dislike me that’s cool.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the mostand why?
- Inky Johnson, because he dedicated his whole life to this one dream, this one goal, and he had it taken away from him after one play. I felt his story because it could happen to anyone, but the love for the sport is what keeps us going.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I absolutely hate to lose. I did not win much in high school, but I won in college, unfortunately it never transpired into the main goal; winning a championship.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents are my biggest influence. They are the true image of hard work, sacrifice, and dedication. I’m not sure if I can ever truly pay them back for all that they have done for me, but I pray that one day I can give them a better life just as they did for me.