- DeVonte Dedmon
- William & Mary
- Twitter: @DeVonte_Dedmon
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 CAA Football Third Team Offense.
- 40 rec – 605 yards – 15.13 YPR – 6 TDs.
What is your name?
- DeVonte Dedmon.
Where do you play College Football?
- The College of William and Mary.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’9″ 195lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball and Track.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Jimmy Moreland or DeAndre Houston-Carson.
Are you listening to music before a game?
- If so, what? I’m probably listening to a Motown collection.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I have to take a bubble bath with epsom salt the night before to relax my body.
Who is your role model?
- My role model would be my father. I have seen him go through so much stuff in his life and not one time complained. Just does his job as a man and provides for our family.
You are a Kinesiology major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I would go to physical therapy with my dad when I was younger and watching how those people were so involved with trying to successfully help men and women get over injury it, it excited me. I love helping people and I love sports, so this is the perfect balance.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite class would be Biocultural Anthropology and least favorite Art History.
What made you choose William & Mary?
- I felt like if I was to get a degree from such a great school it would help me setup my future endeavors after football. When I apply for a job, the employer would see that I graduated fro here and understand how I much I wanted to achieve the best in my life. My cousin also went here B.W. Webb and I saw exactly how the coaches were and knew it was a perfect fit.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Meeting my girlfriend, Robyn. She has showed me so many great things in life and taught me to not take things for granted.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up I’ve always loved the New Orleans Saints. My favorite player is the Original X factor Dante Hall. He was so elusive and explosive. His ability to stop and go on the drop of a dime was unmatched. He could change the momentum of a game in a second if the ball was in his hands.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Michael Jackson.
- Harriet Tubman.
- P. Diddy.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Malcolm X. He was someone who helped changed the world we live in today. Not many people understood him and I would like to pick his brain. If people aren’t willing to listen make them hear you.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- The Flash. Growing up I always had a thing for speed. Whether that is fast cars,planes, and even people. My mom always talked to me about Michael Johnson “the fastest man alive” I wanted to be him. Speed is something that really intrigued me.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work to me is doing what you have to do in order to do what you want to do. What are you doing to set yourself apart from the other people trying to achieve similar goals.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- To take every day one day at a time. Things change and you have to be on your toes.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Go with your gut. You know what is best for you.
Why do you wear #11?
- I was given it my freshman year even though I wanted #5, but I decided to keep it.
What is the best part of your hometown, Williamsburg, VA?
- The people. Everyone is family and everyone looks after one another.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- LeBron because he does everything from scoring, rebounding, assists, defense. It is clear that he knows the game inside and out and he makes others better simply by being around them.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One. I have been playing Call of Duty and 2K.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Beating JMU on Halloween. I didn’t do much that game stat wise but the coaches noticed that I was willing to get in and do what was needed to win the game.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Stop my family from struggling.
- Spread peace and love in the world.
- For a successful and healthy career, no matter what I may do.
What is your hidden talent?
- My ability to make people laugh.
If there is a book written about DeVonte Dedmon, what is the title?
- “There is Beauty in the Struggle.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go to Egypt.
- Go to Dubai.
- Take my family on a vacation.
Are you binge watching anything right now?
- The Office.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Sit and listen to music.
If you could catch a TD from any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Michael Vick because he showed the guys in the area that there is more to life than living in the streets.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define DeVonte Dedmon?
What is your inspiration?
- Seeing the little kids on the sides of my games because I remember being that kid. I always wanted to be someone kids can look up to.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- Brandin Cooks.