• Name: Deshawnte Lloyd
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 317
• College: New Mexico State
• Twitter: @94_reasonswhy
Tell us about yourhometown, and what you love most about it?
-I’m from Baltimore, my hometown isknown for many things one of them being their crab cakes. Also, we are knownfor our basketball. There are manythings I love about my city but if I had to say I love their chicken boxes themost. I’ve lived in a lot of places and the food back home is bar far the best.
List these three in orderof importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
-Strength and condition, practice, filmstudy
-I choose this line up because withoutthe proper condition all the film won’t matter because you will not be able toprefect it. Practice is second because repetition is important when trying tolearn plays. Film study is last but is still very important it was just theleast important on this list. Film study will increase your chances of makingmultiple plays.
What do you worryabout, and why?
-I worry about my family and theirwell-being, my city is beautiful place but it is also known for its violence.
Give me an example ofwhen you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcomefailure?
-I was supposed to go to WVU out ofhigh school but due to my grades I wasn’t able to attend the school. I waspretty messed up about it. I was able to go to Jr college in Iowa and inCalifornia to play football. I was fortunate enough to receive a scholarship toNew Mexico State and continue my career.
What do your teammatessay is your best quality?
–My teammates say mystrongest quality is my toughness I bring to the game.
Who is the best playeryou have ever played against in college?
- Thebest player I ever played against in college was Larry rose who was a teammateof mine at New Mexico State
What would your career beif you couldn’t play football?
– I would be an owner of ainner city trade for youth center (TFY)
Room, desk, and car –which do you clean first?
-I think I would choose my room first.
If there was a disasterand you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would youchoose and why
-Honestly in the moment I think I wouldsave my family member just because its family and the bond we have, and if Ihad time I would save the three strangers.
If you could be anytelevision or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Iwould be Denzel because he so smooth in his movies. Also, so I can do one ofhis scenes in training day “I’m putting cases on all you …” you know the rest.
Tell me about yourbiggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
-My biggest adversity in life waslosing my mom, I’ve never really dealt with it I just made a vow to myself totake care of my brothers and sister.
What is your mostembarrassing moment?
-One of my most embarrassing moments would be my shorts fallingdown at practice while chasing a screen down.
What was the mostmemorable play of your collegiate career?
-I would say my sack fumble againstUtah state. It was stunt and I was theone who came free this time and I was able to make the play.
What song best describesyour work ethic?
-Hustle – Ace Hood
What is the mostimportant trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed atthe next level?
– I think my most important trait would be being able to adapt inany environment. In college I was exposed to a lot of different settings andpeople.
If you could bring oneperson back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- I would defiantly bring my mom back.She would be so proud of my accomplishments.
If you were to open adance club, what would you name it?
- Meta’s, I would name it that because that’s mymom nick name and she loved to dance.
Who is the most overratedplayer in the NFL?
-I don’t pay attention to all that.
Would you rather be likedor respected, and why?
-I would rather be respected because itholds more weight than being liked. People change and if you are respectedsomeone won’t think twice about crossing you.
What player who had hiscareer derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Myboy name Armis jones, I feel for him the most because he was a exceptionalplayer he taught me a lot about the game when we played together Jrcollege.
Do you love to win, orhate to lose?
- Ihate to lose more, the feeling of losing really hurts because when I’m outthere I give it my all and to give it my all and not win is defiantly a badfeeling.
Who has been the biggestinfluence on your life and explain why?
-One of my coaches hisname is Corey Darden. He has had the most impact in my life. I call him “pop” Ican’t begin to explain the lengths that him and his wife has gone to make mylife easier. I am truly blessed to have them in my life.