- Name: Deandrey Johnson
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 190
- Position: Safety
- College: Virginia University of Lynchburg
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from the small
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Order of Importance:
- Film Study because education is important. I have to be able to study the game in order to fulfill my position in different instances.
- Strength and Conditioning because after proper studies, I have learned my potential weakness and strengths. Now is the opportunity for maximum improvement.
- Practice because now it is time to execute. Everything from steps 1 and 2 collaborate together. Practice the way I should play, and play the way I have practiced.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about nothing because it is not my place to do so. I am instructed by my Father in heaven to lean not to my own understanding. Trust in the Lord with all of my heart.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- Failed at finishing school within an original expected time frame. I reacted by simply choosing to look at my situation in a positive aspect. I overcame my failure by staying focused on the outcome goal. Regardless, the job still had to get done.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Being humble but yet determined.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Duke Williams- Auburn Tigers former WR
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Agricultural Business Owner
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Desk means business. A desk is public representation of my characterization
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- One family member. Family means everything to me. But, I am the guy with a heart who would work hard to save all 4.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Somebody who impacts and changes lives
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- The biggest adversity would be that my biological parents were not actively involved in my life because of their own personal decisions. This had affected my life majorly mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually for as long as I allowed it to affect me. I overcame this by having a spirit of refusal and consciously choosing not to let that burden me. I look at it like this, “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Grandfather embarrassed me in front of my former classmates by disciplining me in front of them.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Pick 6 against Grambling State University
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Chasing- Peewee Longway
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Martin Luther King Jr. I would want to mentor him to gain wisdom and understand how he was able to be powerful leader, respected, and against much adversity.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- It would be one for children called “The Pursuit of Happiness”. I aspire to create more things for kids to do within my hometown.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Eli Manning
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected. Respect is mannerable. Everyone should be respected but that does not mean they have to like it. I understand that feelings change.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Vince Youngs- He allows his ego to get the best of him. He does not ,make accurate sportsmanship-like decisions or realize he is displayed on a platform where his decisions also affect others. I also feel that he has learned much and matured from this situation and deserves another chance.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to win but I don’t hate losing I see it as an opportunity to promote growth and expand our knowledge effectively as a team
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My children and generations to come. I desire to never fail as a father. I understand that my life and how I choose to live it matters to them. I intend to lead them by example through my actions so that I am able to show them the better way and not just tell them about it.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Breaking: Cyrus Jones less than a year removed from open-heart surgery will visit Texans… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- Last Chance:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Coastal Carolina Edge Tarron Jackson nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/tarron… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Karon Delince, DB, East Tennessee State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Last Chance:Ranking the Five Best WR Pairings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/wr-pai… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/TgHvgvnHre
about 17 mins ago
- This kid is in bad shape twitter.com/tompelissero/s…
about 24 mins ago