Name: Davon Jernigan
College: Lamar University
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Navasota, Texas little small town outside of Houston. The thing I love the most about my town is everybody knows everybody and everybody is close.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice to me is the most important because you learn the game plan and sharpen your technique, Film study is definitely important so you can understand your opponent and also learn things you need to improve on, Strength and conditioning means a lot if you perform and do the work that your supposed to do while you are there. It can help you get an edge on your competition.
What do you worry about, and why?
• There is not really anything I worry about as a player besides the outcome of the game or enduring injuries
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My junior year I failed to earn a starting position and my senior pre season and off-season I worked harder then I ever worked and used that as fuel going into my senior season
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Tackling or my physicality.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Corey Coleman
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would pursue a career in coaching football
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my desk first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my one family member
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Jamie Foxx, Django
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Coming to college and become responsible, I just learned how to separate my priorities and necessities.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• The most embarrassing moment of my life was probably when I had to give a speech my freshman year in college in one of my classes.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my college career was when I got a interception against McNeese State my senior year to end the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Future – Last Breath
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental Toughness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother so I could speak to her and tell her I love her.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Trap
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• I think JJ Watt is the most overrated player I praise him for everything he has done outside of football though.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because respect goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aaron Gonzalez because he was one of the best Tight Ends in the league and was a future hall of gamer
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence in my life is my dad and my mother because they’ve had such a big impact on my life and have supported me through all my sporting events.