- Darwin Thompson
- Utah State University
- Twitter: @DTRAINN5
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 All-Mountain West Football Second-Team.
- 153 carries – 1,044 yards – 6.82 YPC – 14 TDs.
- 23 rec – 351 yards – 15.26 YPR – 2 TDs.
What is your name?
- Darwin Thompson.
Where do you play College Football?
- Utah State University.
What position do you play?
- Running back.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’8″ 200lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, I played baseball and ran track.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Antwuan Jackson, was a DL i played in Junior College (Blinn).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, I listen to Boosie, Webbie, and Majornine.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Yes, don’t get to high, or get to low, and have to watch highlight/film.
Who is your role model & why?
- My pops is my role model because he showed me how to work for everything.
You are a Political Science major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I’m actually a general studies major with a focus in Kinesiology. I plan on getting another degree in social work and psychology to help kids pursue their dreams. I want to have a true understanding of who I’m working with.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite: Mental Aspects of Sports Performance.
- Least favorite: Political Theory.
What made you choose Utah State University?
- I choose Utah State because I felt they were the best program to push me as a student and as an athlete.
- Coach Dave Scholz was the main reason I choose USU.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Favorite college experience, is the brotherhood of lifelong brothers that I’ve had in junior college and D1.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up my favorite NFL team was the Oakland Raiders, because my family from east Oakland.
- Favorite NFL player was Marshawn Lynch because he was from Oakland and went to Cal.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Fast & Furious, and I would play me.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Walter Payton.
- Barry Sanders.
- Herschel Walker.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Huey P. Newton, a brave leader who is forever remembered.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Static Shock, growing up thought I could really be him one day.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work is every day. It’s not every other day, it’s not half effort, and it’s not for everybody. Hard work is what pushes you past the next man.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Everything doesn’t go as planned, so you have to pray and work for that reason.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Take care of your grades! You can’t play this game without school. You want to go to college, you need to know everything it takes on and off the field to do so.
Why do you wear #5?
- 5 people in my family I play for! LT and Reggie Bush 2 of my favorite college running backs wore #5.
What is the best part of your hometown, Tulsa, OK?
- The best part to me is everyone who fights to make a change for their life or the next generation.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- Kobe, I was too young to watch Jordan and Kobe is better than the other two.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4, I really don’t play video games but when I do I play Madden or Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Winning a ring from high school through Juco onto D1!
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- No more homeless folks.
- Help give friends and family the life they ask for.
- Unlimited wishes.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can lift heavy weight.
If there is a book written about Darwin Thompson, what is the title?
- “THE DOUBTED.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go to Africa.
- Become a NASCAR driver.
- Create a development school for athletes wanting to reach the next level.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Spend time with family!
If you could run over any NFL LB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Ray Lewis, remembered as one of the best LB to play.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Darwin Thompson?
What is your inspiration?
- My city and the athletes in Oklahoma.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- Ameer Abdullah.