• Name: Breontae Matthews
• Height: 6040
• Weight: 320
• Position: OG
• College: North Carolina A&T
• Twitter: Biggwop77
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Washington DC. I love how we got some of the best athletes in the country and people are starting to see that it’s so many local guys that’s in the pros it’s just good seeing people from the city make it and come back to help out in the community
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
1. Film study hands down as I got older I realize a lot of players change throughout the season they might find a better move/ night avoid a certain move during a certain down ext
2. Practice- I feel like you can watch all the film in the world if you not transitioning it to the field than it doesn’t really help
3. Strength and conditioning should be natural with the work you put in during the off season it should just carry over
What do you worry about, and why?
• Nothing really I try to stay positive all the time it takes a lot for me to worry about something
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed to get the grade requirements to play D2 ball out of high school sat a year worked security sold tour guide tickets in DC at the monuments until realized I should be playing ball packed my bags moved to California to pursue juco and came out as a D1 player 3.8 GPA and made the deans list
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• All ways in a good mood I try to be cool with all the positions during practice I know everyone has their own groups they hang out with but I was cool and making jokes with everyone
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Between Jordan Willis and Elijah Lee
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would honestly be somewhere in dc still doing the same thing selling his tickets working security I’m glad I got a second chance
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room hands down that’s where your day starts and end.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member because
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Rick from Rick and M
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Accepting the fact that I wasn’t going to play college football and had to move on with my life..I overcame it by getting a job helping my parents out with rent and it helped me in becoming a man
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was riding a bike on campus down a hill and couldn’t stop it flew off into some bushes I front of some foreign exchange students
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Homecoming this past year at A&T our WR ran a screen-play and got picked up in front of me I caught him and carried him 10 more yards
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Grinder – Kevin Gates
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Heart.. don’t be scared to ask questions or mess up it happens to the best
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Grandmother she passed away right before the season and one of the reasons I transferred was to be closer to home so my family could see my games I. Person
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Bre spot
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected.. my whole football career I been playing for respect I want to leave the field knowing that the other team can watch film Monday and be like dam he was working.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Not one particular player hit I feel like the biggest off the field issue for a lot of players are grades that’s why you don’t hear about a lot of small school guys who end up doing D2
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win. Losing is apart of the game it happens sometimes but winning not everyone’s a winner and it doesn’t happen with every program so to be apart of A&T was something special this year
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Probably my peers.. when I see my close friends doing good and making strives in life it makes me want to do more than what I’m doing now
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...