- Brandon Vocco
- Clarion University
- Twitter: @Voccdaddy51
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 PSAC Football Western Division All-Conference Defensive First Team.
- 53 Total Tackles – 5.0 TFL – 2.0 Sacks – 1 FF – 1 FR.
What is your name?
- Brandon Vocco.
Where do you play College Football?
- Clarion University.
What position do you play?
- Defensive Tackle / Nose Guard.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’0″ 305 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played Baseball all throughout high school as a catcher. I also was on the Powerlifting team.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Cory Tucker from Slippery Rock.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes I do. I like to listen to a lot of Future and Kodak Black.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I am very superstitious. I do everything the exact same before every game and if it gets out of whack I tend to freak out.
Who is your role model & why?
- My grandfather Danny Pfeilstucker. I say this because he has taught me so many life lessons. How he treats people is something you don’t see anymore. His story is amazing to go from getting drafted into the Vietnam War, to coming out of the war and never stopped improving his life for his family. He showed me with hard work and having a burning desire, anything is possible.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class had to be Sports Law. I really didn’t have a least favorite I love learning.
What made you choose Clarion University?
- The family atmosphere from the coaches all the way down to the athletic trainers.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My favorite experience has to be reading to the local elementary children during Read Across America day. Seeing all their smiles as we read to them and all the kids asking questions and for pictures with us football players. It was just an amazing experience.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- The Pittsburgh Steelers and Troy Polamalu because of how he threw his body around and used his football IQ to jump snap counts and jump routes.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Star Wars and I would defiantly play Luke Skywalker.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Joe Paterno.
- Benjamin Franklin.
- Reggie White.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- FDR, because I would love to have a conversation with him about how he got America through WW2 and brought the nation closer in such a hard time. In my book he is the true definition of a leader.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Thor is my favorite superhero because he has a hammer that only he can use and his is a God that would rather do well for his people than use it for greed.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is doing all the little things consistently when no one is watching or telling you what to do because most of those little things are building up.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- If you give someone a chance that one person can change your life forever.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- That you have to outwork everybody because you aren’t always going to be the biggest guy on the field.
Why do you wear #91?
- I wear 91 because of Tamba Hali. I am a huge Penn State fan and watching him go out there and dominate is what made me want to be a defensive lineman and play football.
What is the best part of your hometown, Lilly, PA?
- That it is a small town where when I go back everyone knows everyone and everyone takes pride in you for making a name for yourself.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- Kobe because of how he consistently did great things for the same team year in and year out.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One. COD Black Ops 4 and Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Beating Slippery Rock for the Milk Jug my sophomore year just coming together as a team and making a big defensive stop at the end.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Have my family be financial stable for the rest of their lives.
- Have my own private island.
- Go back in time and witness all the most famous events throughout time.
What is your hidden talent?
- I am one of the most flexible guys in the team.
If there is a book written about Brandon Vocco, what is the title?
- “The Underdog That Is Unforgotten.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Visit and tour Europe.
- Go to the National Championship game.
- Go to the Super Bowl.
Are you binge watching anything right now?
- Friends is a go to all the time.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Spend it with my family.
If you could sack any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- I would love to sack Ben Roethlisberger. The reason is that he is so elusive and hard to bring down I think that it would be a major accomplishment to achieve that.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Brandon Vocco?
What is your inspiration?
- My inspiration is all the people throughout my life that told me I couldn’t do it. Every time I feel like I don’t want to push myself I tell myself, “you’re letting those people be right,” and it fuels my fire to go harder.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to
- Casey Hampton of the Pittsburgh Steelers.