- Aaron Gooch
- Eastern Illinois University
- Twitter: @ASAP_goochie
- 65 rec – 695 yards – 10.69 YPR – 5 TDs.
What is your name?
- Aaron Gooch.
Where do you play College Football?
- Eastern Illinois University.
What position do you play?
- Slot receiver / Punt Return.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’9″ 175lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Baseball was always my first sport. But I also used to play Basketball and run track in high school.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Clayton Thorson or De’jon Harris.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I listen to Chicago rappers like lil herb or chief keef before games.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Not superstitions but I always like to walk a lap around the field to see if I notice anything on the field that I should keep in mind.
Who is your role model & why?
- My mom is my role model. She is a two time cancer survivor and instilled in me the mindset to never quit.
You are a Sociology major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I want to some day get into the criminal justice field so along with sociology, I also majored in Criminology with a minor in Psychology.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite was an understanding racial minorities class and my least favorite was human endeavors which was a math class.
What made you choose Eastern Illinois University?
- Out of high school I did not receive any Division 1 offers, but my goal was always to play D1. I was fortunate enough to know a couple guys on the team, sent them my high school highlight tape and was able to walk on there.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Becoming a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up in the Chicago area my favorite team was naturally the Bears but outside of them I was always a Raiders fan. My favorite player growing up was either LaDainian Tomlinson or Hines Ward.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I’d Willie Beamen ( Jamie Foxx) in Any Given Sunday.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Barack Obama.
- J Cole.
- Bernie Mac.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King Jr. & Malcolm X. I would want to have a in depth conversation with them to compare and contrast their view points on civil rights.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Batman. I feel like he has the toughest villains to deal with like Bane & the Joker. with the least amount of “Super” powers.
What is your definition of hard work?
- How hard you work when coaches or peers aren’t watching
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Life more than likely won’t go as planned, it is how you adapt and react to things that may occur.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Don’t stress over things you can not control.
Why do you wear #7?
- I previously wore #81 when i got to Eastern but after a playing a couple seasons I was able to switch my number. I wasn’t able to get my high school number but I was able to get #7.
What is the best part of your hometown, Flossmoor, IL?
- The support from the community, sometimes when I go home I run into a lot of people who have been keeping up with my college career and want to know how I am doing.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- I would have to say Kobe because of his mentality he brings to the game. I wasn’t able to watch Jordan that much because I was young when he played but I grew up being a huge Kobe Bryant fan.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4. I get a good mix of sports games with Madden, 2k and UFC. But I also play alot of fornite and call of duty as well.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My most memorable moment as a student athlete has to be when I was rewarded a scholarship after walking on.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- I wish I had endless amounts of money to help my family and friends out while giving back to the homeless and hungry,.
- I wish I had a magic journal where any question I had I could write in and an answer would appear on the following page.
- I wish I could bring back my friends and family that passed away.
What is your hidden talent?
- When I apply myself, I am a good cook.
If there is a book written about Aaron Gooch, what is the title?
- “Heart > Height.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- I want to go to Dubai.
- I want to travel to Jamaica.
- I want to go sky diving.
Are you binge watching anything right now?
- Not at the moment, but I recently Binge watched Game of Thrones and I am now all caught up waiting for the new season.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Create my own offensive playbook.
If you could catch a TD from any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Mike Vick, he was my favorite Quarterback growing up.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Aaron Gooch?
What is your inspiration?
- All of my life I have felt like an underdog, And everyday I am motivated to prove the people wrong who doubted me and put limitations on what I can do.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- I compare myself a lot with guys like Julian Edleman, Golden Tate, or Ryan Switzer. A guy who can return punts and can play in the slot. can rely on him in 3rd down situations or whenever a big play is needed.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Neymar Denies Sexual Assault Accusations bit.ly/2WRD9Nq
about 40 mins ago via IFTTT
- This would be the dumbest idea. Everyone would go to a team to stack it up and win twitter.com/kevinarnovitz/…
about 41 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- 2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Nelson Brown, RB, California University of PA - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/nelson…
about 42 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- 2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Derrick Evans Jr, QB, Carson-Newman University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/derric…
about 42 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Small school football player found dead a day before graduation - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/found-… #Sad
about 43 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone