NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Warren Powers, DT, Florida Tech
NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Warren Powers
- Height: 5’11
- Position: Defensive Tackle/Nose Tackle
- College: Florida Tech
- Twitter: igotthe_power
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Fort Lauderdale, FL what I love most about Fort Lauderdale is the weather and our beach. The food it is really great also it’s a great place for tourism
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Flim study because you always want to watch what you do right and wrong to turn your weaknesses to strengths, Strength, and conditioning is something you don’t want to lack because it gives you that durability and that bulk. Practice is where you put everything together
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about not getting things done the first time, I like to be a perfectionist even though I know it’s not going to always be that way but that’s a mindset I like to have
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I communicate well and value being a great teammate. They’re my brothers and I’ll always look out for them
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- That’s hard to single out one person I’ve played against some very talented individuals
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- A sports trainer I have a little bit of a passion for it
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- The room would be the first place I clean its where I lay my head and my space to think and clear my head
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- A family member because my family means a lot to be
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- The Hulk, he lives a normal life until someone gets on his bad side then that’s all she wrote
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Sitting out of football for a year not knowing where I was going to go. I was very frustrated but continued to train and then I landed a home a Florida Tech. I’m thankful that it happened that because it made me a better person and gave me a competitive edge
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My card failed me on Valentine’s Day and I couldn’t do anything special for my girl but we laugh about til this day
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Blocking a field goal attempt my junior year
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Hussle and motivate by Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- I would say speed it’s not where I want it to be right now
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandmother, she was such a strong individual that I really admired and I miss her more every day
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- The Jukebox
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Can’t really say, I think every player in the NFL has great talent and abilities to do special things
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, because at the end of the day it doesn’t matter if a person likes you or not it’s about if they respect you
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- I’m going to have to say, my family and fiancée, because they have kept me calm and was always there when I needed them the most