NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Sheldrick Redwine
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 205
• Position: DB
• College: University Of Miami
• Twitter: _23neverleft
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Richmond Heights , Fl I love how close everyone is. The community as a whole
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1- Film you can be the fastest strongest person in the world but if your never in position you can’t capitalize
2- Practice Repeated reps so you are ready when you see something in the game
3- S&C Once you know what’s going on it’s a matter of how fast you can react and how fast you can get there
What do you worry about, and why?
• Can’t Worry its not in my hands
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My junior year I was beat on a play by a team & they tried the exact same play this year and I capitalized
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My Rapping Skills
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Diontae Johnson Toledo
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• a Rapper
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room big spaces first and work your way down
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family First
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Tommy Pickles he’s respected and followed by all of his peers and is never scared of what’s next
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Death of a family member , Dedicating my season & playing knowing he’s watching
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I never really been embarrassed
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Tie between the Virginia Tech interception to end the game because I got to wear the chain for like 15 minutes and the Sack Vs Florida State that changed the momentum of the game in a big rivalry
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Ready For War – Major Nine
I tell myself before every game if it comes down to me dying on this field it is what it is
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental Toughness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Bernie Mac , Everything is taken so serious now a days and I just would love to see what he would have to say about it.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Everybody’s doing something right if their still in the league
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. If I only said what people wanted to hear instead of the truth I’d be liked
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I don’t like singling other athletes out on mistakes
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Either We won or beat our self. Losing doesn’t exist
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother she keeps me going when stuff gets hard I look at the tattoo of her name and it reminds me what I’m doing this for.