Ray Rice made a huge mistake that has cost him a career in the NFL. He hit his wife in an elevator and it has cost him his career. The hit was heard around the world, and while the world has not been able to forgive him, his wife has. Ray Rice spoke to NFL.com about the recent incident of Kareem Hunt that has media scratching their heads, and he offered up some advice for the ex-Chiefs back.
“Peer-to-peer, I would definitely try to help him figure out, ‘How can we start dealing with the underlying problems in your life?'” Rice said.
“Because he has a long life to live, this will be a defining moment, but it shouldn’t be the moment that defines you. For me, I just see you have a long life to live and that doesn’t mean just playing football — you need to just live one day at a time.”
Rice was asked what he would have told Hunt before the attack at the hotel:
“First, I would look at the situation and say, ‘How did I even get in that moment?’ Because whatever what was done in that moment, something transpired before it even got there.”
“And honestly, while I don’t know if alcohol or any substances were involved, I know those things can often play a role. I am not blaming anyone who was with him, but I wish someone that was with him, if he’s not in his right mind … would’ve said to him, ‘Look at the situation. Is it worth risking it all for a split-second decision — for something you know you can get out of?'”
It will be interesting to see if Hunt will land another opportunity.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Steph Curry Throws Crazy Alley Oop to The Greek Freak at All-Star Sunday bit.ly/2GPQBbd
about 12 mins ago via IFTTT
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Rob Rolle, FS, Villanova University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2018/09/rob-ro…
about 23 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- ICYMI:AAF Attendance week 2 in San Antonio almost hits 30k fans nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/aaf-at… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/9zBiREWskc
about 25 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- If he does I want Bills to take him twitter.com/rotoworld_draf…
about 28 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Are you a 2019 Draft Prospect? Have we not interviewed you yet? We are looking for prospects to interview before the draft.
about 29 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone