NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
•Name: Patrick Green
• Position: Inside Linebacker
•College: East Carolina University/ Winston-Salem State University
• Twitter: PG13___
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from a city called Winston-Salem where many have the dream but only certain ones pursue it. What I love most is that everyone no matter what side of town they from they show love because they know the dream I’m trying to pursue!
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice 1st because they say practice makes perfect but it really makes permanent, If you continue to do something or so long rather you doing it right/wrong that’s the way you going to do it until someone say otherwise or you learn differently, you have to learn to make yourself before you can worry about another opponent.
• Film Study 2nd – Each and everyday you can get better at something from either watching you or the opponent, every little detail counts, the way linemen stand, the splits of the receivers I learned quite a lot in college especially guard pulls!
• Strength and Conditioning 3rd- You don’t have to be the strongest or the faster to be able to play this game. It takes a lot of brains to be able to play football, but it is an important key to being the best you can be no matter what sport you play!
What do you worry about, and why?
• Life with out my Madukes, and how I will be able to be successful in a world like this what I have to do to make myself a better person in and off the field. “What would Moms do?”
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I feel I failed myself at one point of time with the question was asked towards me “Do you actually love the Game of Football” it hard because football was all I knew but it had me second guessing myself because the person seen something that I didn’t but was because I let my pride get the best of me but I humbled myself after things took place and got back to what I loved doing which was playing football
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My speed! The way I can read and react and run from sideline to sideline. Communication is a big part of my position so that is another asset that I think they might say I have. My love for the game the passion!
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Amir Hall the way he breaks down a defense is Amazing Shout Out to Him
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Probably Working in the School System
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Tough Question………. I’ll save Moms
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Bruce Wayne, he got everything off the muscle even tho he was rich he built everything he had.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The Passing of my Moms was the biggest adversity so far that I have been through. It’s tough but I surround myself with positive people that remind me of here which is my family.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Peeing in the Bed when I was sleep with my uncle and aunt
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The First time I got some college action in 2014 Against North Carolina Central
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Patience x YFN Lucci
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Staying Healthy and continuing to Stay Focus
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Moms because I just need to tell her I love just to make sure she knows!
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Pat’s Boom Boom Room
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respect, respect takes you a long way it then leads to loyalty and that’s what I value about people their loyalty not how much they like me!
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Eli Apple , That man can be great but he has family issues and I can relate to the, he probably is the go to guy when Family is in need just like me.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to Lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• All my Family and Friends, Coaches everyone that has helped along the way because If wasn’t for their prayers and guidance I wouldn’t be where I am today!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dicaprio Bootle, DB, Nebraska nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/dicapr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/74LGSUiFjh
about 29 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dwayne Johnson Jr, DB, San Diego State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/dwayne…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Gunnar Vogel, OT, Northwestern University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/gunnar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Here is @DamondTalbot final Mock Draft of the year, Let him have it! twitter.com/draftdiamonds/…
about 39 mins ago
- NFL Draft Diamonds Mock Draft 5.0 | Which player will the Bengals select at 5 overall? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/mock-d… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago