- Nsimba Webster
- Eastern Washington University
- Twitter: @NsW_5
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 Big Sky Football All-Conference FirstTeam.
- 71 rec – 1,099 yards – 15.48 YPR – 7 TDs.
What is your name?
- Nsimba Webster.
Where do you play College Football?
- Eastern Washington University.
What position do you play?
- Wide Receiver.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’10″ 183lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Soccer, baseball, basketball, track and field.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- E40, Too short, Mistah Fab, All Black, Tee Grizzley, Db Tha General.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I don’t really have a superstition before a game.
Who is your role model & why?
- My father, he overcame so many adversities throughout his life to provide for his family so I take that deeply.
You are a Communication Studies major. What made you pursue that subject?
- To better learn how to interact with others. Presenting myself in the best fashion possible with developing how to present speeches, interviews, negotiate, etc.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite – Principles of Marketing
- Least Favorite – Business Law
What made you choose Eastern Washington University?
- The culture they have here is tremendous. The community makes you feel at home. My brother committed here first so that played a huge part.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Expanding my connections with students all over the nation.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- San Francisco 49ers, and Michael Vick, at the time growing up I was a Quarterback prior to college so looking up to him was huge being a dual threat QB. Growing up in the Bay Area you had to choose either Raiders or 49ers.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Black Panther , King T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Bill Gates.
- LeBron James.
- Floyd Mayweather.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Nelson Mandela, knowing the life and struggles he encountered it would be great to just sit down and take in any knowledge that I can gain from his experience.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Black Panther, because he’s the richest superhero, how advanced his suit is and his abilities.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Doing more than what is expected.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Don’t rush the process. Be patient.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Make wise choices, and always have faith in yourself even when life gets hard.
Why do you wear #5?
- I grew up seeing Reggie Bush play in college at USC so that really inspired me to wear #5.
What is the best part of your hometown, Antioch, CA?
- The weather is always good, so going out making plans is always an option.
Who do you choose, Jordan, LeBron or Kobe? Why?
- Jordan, because of how dominant and Iconic he was to the sports world. Changed the game of basketball. His game and statistics speak for itself. As well as accomplished all of what he has done in less time than the rest.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One. I play NBA 2K19, Fornite, and Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Earning both academic and Athletic achievements.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Be the richest man in the world.
- Be able to fly.
- End all aspects of discrimination.
What is your hidden talent?
- I would say I’m pretty good at basketball. Love to hoop on my spare time.
If there is a book written about Nsimba Webster, what is the title?
- “The Process.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Visit my mothers hometown in Africa.
- Visit Rio de Janeiro.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- By getting better at my craft someway possible or have conversations with my mom.
If you could catch a TD from any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Joe Montana, because I grew up hearing how great of a quarterback he was, and seeing the film. Just makes me respect his game, and would love to have a TD connection with him.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Nsimba Webster, what would they be?
What inspires you?
- The love of the game that the Lord gave me, and my family.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- I wouldn’t say I compare myself to a person. However I liked to take my game and study Antonio Brown, Desean Jackson and Odell Beckham Jr.