NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Matthew Bizimana
• Position: DB
• College: Kentucky State University
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Louisville, Ky. I love my city because it hold a lot of ambition and potential
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• It goes Practice first because that’s the closest you’ll get to game time/ Then it’s film because that can give you a edge or a advantage then 3rd is strength & conditioning you’ll need this too play full speed all 4 quarters
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about if I’ll get overlooked because of height or school.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My sophomore year of high school I took the ACT and got a 16, at the time that wasn’t college eligible so I went to a couple ACT boot camps in my neighborhood and I retook it the next year and got a 18
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My ability to stay focused and work hard under any situation and not let the pressure break me
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Marcus Johnson Slippery Rock WR
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Sports psychologist because a lot of athletes go through things like depression
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My desk because that’s the most professional thing the other two are personal
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family member because I couldn’t live with myself if I seen one of them die
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Kevin Hart Because he’s really funny and charismatic
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• 2017 I lost my best friend to gun violence right before my junior season. I used that Spain and went harder in his memory
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Little league I dropped a wide open touchdown on the first play of the game. I still ended up scoring later that game
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My favorite play has to be my Interception vs Tuskegee in 2016 when we beat them on their homecoming and they were ranked #5 in the nation
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Last Breath – Future
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My football IQ and my ability to be coached
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My pops because he never seen me play
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• One night only ??
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Nobody because I feel as if you make it to the NFL your deserve it, it’s not easy.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respect because that’s off your actions and your worth
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Adam Pac Man Jones because it’s hard being a black man in America, especially if you have some money.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love winning because it reflects your hard work
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother because she pushes me through any situation, no matter what it cost her.