• Name:Marcus Thompson
• Height: 6’2”
• Weight: 305
• Position: Center/Guard
• College: Morrisville StateCollege
• Twitter: @Marcus9719
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most aboutit?
• Ilive in Syracuse, NY. What I love most about it is the change of scenerythroughout each season.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study,Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Ithink all three are equally as important. All three of these determine how goodof a player you want to become. If you take strength and conditioningseriously, then that translates onto the field during practice. Film study isjust as important because it helps you see tendencies that teams do or keys froman individual player on the other team that can give you an advantage.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Iworry about the next chapter in my life. Don’t get me wrong I’m also veryexcited for that next chapter, but what I’m worried about is that I’m not surewhat to expect.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How didyou react and how did you overcome failure?
• Iwas doing pretty poor
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Howcompetitive I am. If it’s anything involving winning and losing, I hate losing.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
•State trooper or something in with security
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save threestrangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’msaving my family member. Why wouldn’t I save one of the few people I can trust?
If you could be any television or movie character, who wouldyou be and why?
•Adonis Creed. First off, I’d love to know how to fight like that, and the wayhe overcame adversity during that movie gave you goosebumps.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’vedealt with or overcome it?
•Losing my mom and sister this past year. Really tough year for my family and I.But we were always there for each other which really helped. My teammates alsomade it a lot easier to deal with it. I just have a lot of people in my lifewho are always there for me and I greatly appreciate them.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Ihave way too many to even think of
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
•Junior year, Utica had the ball for the final minute, they were down by two.They drove it down the field to try a game-winning field goal. It was the lastgame for the Seniors that year, so we all got our heads down praying, grabbingonto one another. They missed the field goal and the whole team goes wild. Alot of crying after that.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Mytime by Fabulous
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical orNon-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Iam never satisfied. I’m very determined to get where I want to be
If you could bring one person back from the dead for oneday, who would it be and why?
• Mymother. I’d tell her how much I love her and how much I miss her. I know she’swatching from above but it’s just not the same.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
•Hipnotic (pun intended)
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
•Respected because if I respect others I expect the same in return.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issuesdo you feel for the most and why?
•Kareem Hunt. Yeah what happened shouldn’t have happened, because you’re alwaysgoing to have those people in your life to get under your skin. I feel for himbecause he’s so young and I’m sure he regrets it every day.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
•Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explainwhy?
•Nick Edmond. He’s showed me that you have to work for what you want and thatit’s not just given to you. He went through tough times and he still got towhere he is today and that’s getting scouted by NFL teams. That’sinspirational.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Prospect Free Agent Interview: Troy Porter, Offensive Lineman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/troy-p…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- I'm hearing they are looking at CB's too twitter.com/salsports/stat…
about 37 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: CJ Anderson, Defensive Tackle nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/cj-and…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Dang twitter.com/laurenthomas/s…
about 42 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Terry Hunter Jr., Running Back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/terry-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago