- Name: Malik Washington
- Height: 6’3”
- Weight: 280lbs
- Position: Guard
- College: Faulkner University
- Twitter: @Malikadeek75
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Santa Clara California, what I love most about my city is that it is a very diverse and tight-knit community and everybody is family in a sense.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, this is first and most important because you can be the best athlete in the world but if you do not understand your role on the field there is no reason to be on the field. Then it would be Strength and conditioning, being conditioned is a huge part of being an athlete and being able to fight all four quarters. Finally Practice, practice makes perfect this is where an athlete can fine tune their skills and abilities to prepare for their upcoming competition.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about failing and not being able to be the role model to my brothers, while also keeping my families name is high standings.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• One time that I had failed was when I was not able to play Division 1 football and had to go to JUCO. I thought it was the end of my football career and in my mind, I had thought I was failing my family. I was not the biggest player on the field but I worked every day to perfect my techniques, so I played 2 years of Junior College football at Foothill community College and was blessed with many offers and accepted to continue my career at Faulkner University.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My aggressiveness on the field
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Tevita Musika who now is Alabama’s defensive Linemen
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Juvenile Probation Officer
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One Family member because growing up in my family our motto was “above all, Family 1st”
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Probably Maui from Moana because he is my niece’s favorite Character and I want to be a positive influence on her.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Losing my grandfather before graduation, and I overcame it by always having a picture of stuffed in a small bag in my cleats so I know every step I take that he is with me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Dancing in the locker room and my teammate walked in
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Junior Year against Warner when we had given up a sack and they were coming back and we through a 30-yard screen from the opposite side of the field and me leading the way.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Every Season- Roddy Ricch
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My technique and work ethic
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather, so that he can see the type of man he had raised me to be today.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• BigLeek’s Lounge
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Derek Carr
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because in life not everyone will like, especially in the work place there will always be at least 1-2 people that don’t like you. But if you earn their respect, they will have no reason to have any bad feelings toward you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick, this is because he took a team to the super bowl and the next season has no job because of his political beliefs of human rights.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence in my life would be my parents, this is because my mom has always been my number 1 fan and has attended almost every game of my football career since I was 7 years old. Most of all my dad because
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: George Kittle Injury Update, Should you keep him or drop him in Fantasy?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- Last Chance:Cowboys Strength and Conditioning Coach Markus Paul passed away at the age of 54… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Giovani Bernard Injury Update, Bengals back is suffering from a concussion… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/raheem… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago