NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Malik Davis, DB, Austin Peay State University
- Name: Malik Davis
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 190lb
- Position: DB
- School: Austin Peay State University
- Twitter: @Malik_RB40
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Chattanooga, Tennessee and I love just riding and seeing the scenery.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study, Practice, Conditioning & Strength
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about being overlooked because I’m at a smaller school, I know I’m better than most!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I failed at my junior year not making all-conference with no interceptions, I was angry and hungry so I trained harder and I ended my senior year with 4 interceptions and best stats for a DB in the conference but still only made 2nd team
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- The best quality from my peers is being a Playmaker on the field
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- My teammate in practice DJ Montgomery
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I will be in the fashion world with designing and selling clothes
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Room, Car, Desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would save my fam because family comes first
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be the hulk! He a dog when it’s the wartime
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity is being broke andIi overcame it by learning from it and using it as motivation
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- The most embarrassing moment is not making all-conference
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Being in JUCO and catching 2 interceptions and one for a TD which was the first game my Mom came to
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Key Glock – Life is Great
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Being able to take constructive criticism
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- I would bring my big brother back to tell him I love him
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Lik moves
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, that goes a long way
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to Lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My family in general and girlfriend, it motivates me to get rich and take care of them!