- Malik Brown
- Henderson State University
- Twitter: @23wayz_
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 All-GAC Second Team.
- 60 Total Tackles – 1.0 TFL – 4 INTs.
What is your name?
- Malik KeShon Brown.
Where do you play College Football?
- Henderson State University.
What position do you play?
- Free Safety & Strong Safety.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’1″ 190lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Growing up I played baseball before any other sports but I played basketball and football as well.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- I would probably have to say Kyle Washington from my freshman year in 2015. He Played quarterback for Angelo State University and broke multiple records there.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Most of the time I listen to Chief Keef or Young Nudy or really anyone who get me fired up.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Not really, besides listening to music I just try and clear my mind before each game.
Who is your role model & why?
- Honestly my mom is my role model, she was the one who put a ball in my hands and has had my back and supported me through everything I’ve done.
You are a Criminal Justice major. What made you pursue that subject?
- Honestly my major changed a little over a year ago to Kinesiology, and the reason for that is I want to start coaching after my career is over.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My coaching classes are usually my favorite classes and the psychology classes I took but least favorite would most definitely have to be any kind of science class
What made you choose Henderson State University?
- Well I wanted to transfer from Tarleton State and Coach Maxfield gave me an opportunity to come play for him and help his program and defense.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Honestly just the ups and downs from living, it makes you appreciate everything so much more and the different people I’ve met from all different walks of life.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- I was always a Cowboys fan growing up, that’s just America’s team and Michael Vick was and still is my favorite. I played quarterback my whole life up until college and Michael Vick set like the wave for black quarterbacks in football.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would be in any of the Friday movies and I would want to be Ice Cube.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Michael Vick.
- LeBron James.
- Sean Taylor.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King and just to see his outlook on different aspects of life.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Honestly, Dash from the Incredibles because he could run literally faster than anything and could never be caught. Always something I would want to do.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work is something that describes whatever you are grinding towards. Whatever you put into what you want is the result you’ll get.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- That regardless of talent level there is always someone out there working their hardest and not to take anything for granted, you can lose everything in a flash.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- To not to be so care free about everything and to be more serious about school because life happens fast.
Why do you wear #23?
- My best friend passed away in a car accident that I was involved in the summer of 2015, that’s his number I just felt that as a respect thing I should wear his number.
What is the best part of your hometown, Huntsville, TX?
- Being able to see everyone that has watched and supported me my whole career and being able to see me doing well puts a smile on their faces.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- LeBron easily, just because he’s probably not only the best basketball player ever but the best one of the best athletes ever. Also, he’s a good guy, never in trouble with law and is a huge family man. Just a good man in general.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox all day! All I play is Madden 19 & NBA 2k19.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Just building a brotherhood with my teammates and being able to actually go through the same grind with my teammates, makes you appreciate your teammates and your progress as a Student-Athlete a lot more.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- To be invisible.
- Be able to control the weather.
- Be able to teleport anywhere at anytime.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can rap really good, not really hidden my real friends know but that’s it.
If there is a book written about Malik Brown, what is the title?
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- To sky dive.
- To bungee jump.
- Live in a different country for a year.
Are you binge watching anything right now?
- I re-watch Criminal Minds all the time.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Honestly playing basketball, working out or playing video games.
If you could intercept any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Michael Vick, he’s one of the best in the game & my favorite player ever it would be an honor to intercept him.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Malik Brown?
What is your inspiration?
- Being better than average, average goes unnoticed and gets overlooked. I want to stand out.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- Ed Reed, both have a nose for the ball and similar playing style.