• Name: Lavelle Cloyd
• Height: 6’3
• Weight: 210
• Position: RB
• College: Lincoln University
• Twitter: LavelleCloyd1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Lexington Kentucky, it’s not the biggest nor most well known city out there but it’s where I was born and raised and I love it for that.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, practice, film study. I put these in this order because for one football is a very physically demanding sport and from watching the best guys in the league over the years I’ve noticed that they make taking care of their bodies a top priority. So you must stay in the best shape possible to ensure a long and healthy career. Practice is second because a healthy athlete is no good if he isn’t prepared for game situations or doesn’t know every one of his assignments for the game. Film study was placed last, not because it’s not important but because I feel players and teams should be comfortable with themselves and what they have set up as a game plan before they can begin to worry about the opponent.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I always worry about failing, I have a lot that I’m trying to prove to myself.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Back in high school I had a math class that I struggled with, I think my junior year. To turn a long story short, I turned my D into a B by the time the semester was over by spending extra time with my teacher.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I’ve been told that I’m pretty fast, especially with my physique. The guys refer to me as “The Horse”
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
I’m not sure
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Whenever I’m done with football I’m looking to get into acting/modeling and starting my career as a strength and continuing coach.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’d try to save everyone, but if I had to make a choice I would choose to save my family member, I was raised to put my family first.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• If I could be anyone..I’d be Neo from the matrix. The man can fly, slow down time and stop bullets midair, he’s the goat.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• In everything I’ve done I’ve always been doubted by many of my peers. It’s been extra fuel to my own work ethic.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In 7th grade I accidentally cut half my eyebrow off and had to go to school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• It’s a tie between my 2016 SIAC championship touchdown and my hurdle from this past season. The touchdown I had in the championship game went for over 50 yards on like my second carry, I ended up having 100 yards going into the second half. But I finally decided to hurdle a guy this past season (and he was standing up) so that kinda hyped me up.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• All of the lights- Kanye West
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Knowledge of the game (Mental) and speed (Physical)
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back Bernie Mac, he’d have me rolling.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Abyss
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• No one comes to mind.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected. You’re nothing without respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I feel bad for Kareem Hunt. What he did was wrong but the punishment he is receiving is harsh.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My family (Moms, Pops, Little brother) have been the biggest influences on my life. We’ve gone through a lot together through the years and seeing everyone work hard and keeping their heads up has motivated me to try and give them a better reality.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: George Kittle Injury Update, Should you keep him or drop him in Fantasy?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Did You See This:Cowboys Strength and Conditioning Coach Markus Paul passed away at the age of 54… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:Breaking: Seahawks are working out WR Darvin Kidsy nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/darvin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ErrVA9U22F
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Giovani Bernard Injury Update, Bengals back is suffering from a concussion… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago