- Name: Kirk Messick
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 228
- Position: OLB
- College: University of West Alabama
- Twitter: _Kiirko
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Atlanta, Georgia. I enjoy being in the city because it provides a good environment for me to be successful due to many opportunities that it provides.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• strength and conditioning, practice, film study
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try not to worry about things because I believe in Gods plan so whatever life hands me I accept it. Knowing that things happen for a reason.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I can’t recall the last time I’ve failed at something because I always put myself in the best position to succeed in everything I do. But if I were to fail at something I would analyze my mistakes and study what other have done that have succeeded.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leadership on the field
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Josh Allen
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would get a marketing job working for a company. Hopefully working my way up to a CMO.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• desk, room, car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’d rather not answer this question
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The hulk. I’ve always liked the story behind the character and I enjoy his super powers.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life is now, trying to make it to the NFL. This is something I’ve wanted since I was 5 years old. Football has done so much for me and I’m not done with the game. I’m just hoping the game isn’t done with me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I tried to give myself a haircut and put a patch in the back of my head.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• It was a crucial 3rd & 2 and my team needed to get off the field. My coach called my number to blitz on the play and before the ball was snapped, in my head I told myself I was gonna make the play. I anticipate what the play they were running before the snap which allowed me to disguise my blitz and put me in the best position to make the play. Moments after the quarterback did his cadence I took off and hit the LOS as soon as the ball was snapped. I was in the backfield when the running back was handed the ball and I destroyed him and got the TFL
What song best describes your work ethic?
• 100 summers meek mill
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I believe mental focus will be the most important trait to me to have at the next level. This will allow the game to slow down for me and I’ll be able to anticipate plays before they happen.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Biggie Smalls
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Everyone in the NFL deserves the credit they get because they’ve earned it.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected because respect is everything. Respect could lead people to like you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kareem Hunt. You see things like this happen and you wonder how these players allow females to make them react the way they do. I wish the best for him
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Both. I love to win because its the whole reason why I play the game. It’s where I get the most enjoyment out of the game. But I hate to lose so much that it pushes me to work harder so that I can contribute in a way that puts my team in a position to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father has been the biggest influence in my life because he has the best work ethic I’ve seen out of any man. He’s been through a lot and only wants to see me be the best I can be in life.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Star Florida High School offensive tackle Nikolas Lawrynas died unexpectedly at 17 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/nikola… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Prospect Free Agent Interview: Troy Porter, Offensive Lineman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/troy-p…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- I'm hearing they are looking at CB's too twitter.com/salsports/stat…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: CJ Anderson, Defensive Tackle nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/cj-and…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Dang twitter.com/laurenthomas/s…
about 1 hour ago