Name: Kevin Thompson Jr
College: Bethune-Cookman University
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
•Well I’m from Baltimore MD a rough place to grow up. I’m my mothers last child living. I watched my mother have to bury 3 of her kids all a year apart from one another. So I learned at an early age cherish life and everyone in it because you never know when god is going call somebody home. I love where I come from because it gave me the drive and grit to go get it because nothing is given everything is taken. I love the Sea Food especially crabs. Hip hop chicken has some of the best chicken wings you can find.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
Strength and conditioning
Practice is the most important because it showcases your skill and ability to transfer it to the game by the success in reps at practice It also simulates the game all week so by time it’s game time it’s easy because you seen the different personnel’s and formations so you know how to react. Film study is the second most important becoming an student of the game creates and establishes development of your game. It points out flaws in your game as well as in opponents. It gives certain guys the competitive edge on others by knowing what they don’t do well and habits in a game. Strength and conditioning last because 90 percent of the game is mental and 10 percent is physical. The work has to be put in for you to reap the reward
What do you worry about, and why?
• I’m always worried about succeeding and making an better life for myself and my family. Just want to continue to be an better person and make an positive impact on people lives.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
•Well I faced adversity my senior year of college when I tore my labrum and happened to be an season ending injury that happened in the second game of the season. I bounced back harder and stayed out of my head by not letting negative thoughts, people, and vibes weigh me down. The biggest person you need to conquer is yourself
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My motor running from sideline to sideline and having the ability to chase down the ball
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• K.C McDermott
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would love to be a Business owner of a gasoline company just due to it being a necessity. Also would love to deal with stocks and investments. Also wouldn’t mind starting my own franchise like chick- fila
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
•I clean my room first
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
•I would save my family member because I understand the hurt that happens when family members are lost but I feel with my family and friends I lost to many.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Vin Diesel because he always in movies with thrills and I’ve always seen myself doing the same things in movies he
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Taking all the lost I took along the way and just wanting to see my mother smile and not have to work anymore. The vision of the future and what it can hold might be the biggest chip I have on my shoulder
What is your most embarrassing moment?
•Well this year vs South Carolina State my angle on the QB was to shallow and he spun out and I slid
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
•The Safety I got at Morgan in Baltimore in front of my family for the last time of a collegiate level
What song best describes your work ethic?
•Won’t Stop Meek Mill on Dreamchaser
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
•Work ethic because if your willing to put the work in you can get better at anything
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Rob Gronkowski
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I will hands down rather be respected because you never have to like the next person to show respect. people gravitate toward people that’s real and that is respected
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor because his career was promising and he actually was a role model to a lot growing up and the way he left his mark on the game then left this earth. He just never had the chance he had gave himself
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
•I hate losing more then I love winning
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother because she’s been through so much of a storm I just want her see the other side with the sunshine and vacations. She made it happen. Also my dad because he told me about the mistakes he made and made sure I didn’t make the same ones. He was the biggest supporter along the whole way and made sure my plan was solid.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Seth Cottengim, LS, Arkansas State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- ICYMI:Raymond Johnson III, Edge, Georgia Southern | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/raymon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Ohio State Spring Game 2021 | Quarterback Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VnaSgMW3QO
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 20, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jarrod Hewitt, DT, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jarrod… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago