- Player: Keshawn Ward
- Position: DB/ Safety
- School: Livingstone
- Height: 5’ 10
- Weight: 195 lbs
- Draft Class: 2019
- Projected Forty: 4.43
- Projected Round: UDFA
- Hometown: Pittsburg, CA
- Jersey Number: 33
Stats & Awards
- 45 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 FF, 2 FR 6 PBU
- Played in 8 games
- 33 tackles, 27 solos, 10 assist & 2 PBU
- 11 tackles, 8 solo & 2 TFL vs Virginia Union
- 8 tackles vs Fayetteville State
- 4 tackles & 3 PBU vs Johnson C. Smith U
- Invites to FCS Bowl game in Daytona & Podyum All-Star in Miami
Vicious Hitter since his High School days.
Ward might not physically be the biggest DB/SS in the class but he has an above average extension. He is a press man DB a physical safety that will use his physicality to disrupt plays. Has a good football IQ & knows how to play the ball using his strong quick hands & never quit style of play. Been scouting my share of small school DB’s for the upcoming 2019 NFL Draft & I can tell you Ward is unique in his style of play I can see him as a Spear or safety/ Will LB with added bulk.
In Pass Coverage: Jams wideouts off the line. Good timing on pass plays knows how to use his hands with quick aggressive hand fighting for the ball. Pass defection specialist that can blanket big wideouts & simply win the battle for the ball. Takes good angels against quick slant plays or Wideout screens savage in the short area pass game.
As a Tackler: Consider this his best attribute strong tackler with a sound technique. Ward has even been used in certain blitz packages due to his get off & hunting mentality. He led his team in tackles on a team that led the CIAA in total D. Terrific at tracking down the player with the ball securing the tackle.
Summary: Ward decided to walk away from football in High School. Something he admits he regrets as he faced great tragedy losing his cousin Mark to Street violence. He decided to go back to playing football used this loss as motivation to move forward. . Now Ward is a top flight tackler with good short area coverage skills. Above average very active hands to contest completions. What he lacks in size he makes up in effort & heart. Be very interesting to see the way the coaches & scouts at the Podyum All-Star game use him. Personally, I would like to see him moved around and challenged in the deep game. I’ll be watching him playing in the box making plays on backs & quick outs. Would like to see how he holds up in zone cover scheme. Think he could be utilized on ST too. In closing it’s a deep class of DB’s so it’s a good thing Ward has such extraordinary versatility and energy. It’s become such a specialty type of sport & he can be a top slot tackling CB or Safety or possibly bulk up a good 25 pound to become an excellent coverage Will LB. There is a lack of depth of talent in some of these areas along with a wealth of Nickel typeDBss. Finding the right team, the right fit for his skill set will be key. His Senior year was his best to date. He seems to be improving in every aspect of. the game. His tackling skills have improved & he looks much more comfortable in coverage. Most of all he is a smart young man that seems very coachable with a great personality & attitude. Very hard to catch the eye of the big teams from a school like Livingstone. Would love to see Ward add that 20 to 25 pounds of lean muscle. Think 215 pounds is ideal at least 205 for a Pro Strong Safety. If he can do that maintain his quickness sky’s the limit for the big-hitting, tough relentless strong safety Keshawn Ward.
Make sure to check out his interview @DraftDiamonds
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: George Kittle Injury Update, Should you keep him or drop him in Fantasy?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago
- Last Chance:Cowboys Strength and Conditioning Coach Markus Paul passed away at the age of 54… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Giovani Bernard Injury Update, Bengals back is suffering from a concussion… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/raheem… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago