I am a huge believer in second chances, and while I understand many will not agree with me on Kareem Hunt, from the football perspective I have to look at his film and ask myself the simple question, CAN HE HELP MY FOOTBALL TEAM WIN?
This is the question that that was raised when Ray Rice hit his wife, when Colin Kaepernick kneeled, and when Tim Tebow talked about God.
Fortunately, people thought the mediocre play of the three above was not worth the risk, but Kareem Hunt is different. Last week, Reuben Foster was claimed by the Washington Redskins and the pain for claiming him lasted about three days. Yep, because in three days a video came out with Kareem Hunt pushing a 19 year old female as well as nudging her with his foot (It was a very weak kick).
NFL Teams have to make the decision if Kareem Hunt is worth it and I believe he absolutely is worth it. I have come up with three teams that could absolutely use Hunt, and some are interesting. I honestly believe that half the NFL could use Kareem Hunt, but I feel these three teams will make a push.
1.) The Oakland Raiders – I mean let’s face it, Marshawn Lynch is old and Kareem Hunt could face his old team twice a year. The Chiefs fans would hate this move, but I could absolutely see it happen. The Raiders have already been eliminated from the playoffs and Kareem Hunt is a huge improvement over Lynch at this point. This makes the most sense to me, because he is a top 5 back and they have a high waiver wire claim.
2.) Pittsburgh Steelers – Yes, I just said the Pittsburgh Steelers. They have James Conner and they had Le’veon Bell, why do they need two amazing running backs again? Well they have a coach that is not afraid to take players with problems. Remember he was the one that gave Michael Vick a shot. I think Kareem Hunt could be a great addition to James Conner. Let Le’Veon walk in Free Agency and let Kareem Hunt deal with his legal issues.
3.) Cincinnati Bengals – The Bengals have no problem signing players with past problems. With Marvin Lewis on the hot seat, this move could make sense. They do not care about off-field problems with past players. For a long time they had both Vontaze Burfict and Adam Pac Man Jones on the same team. Those two were always in the news for doing something stupid. So I would not put it past them.
Sleeper Team – I could see the Washington Redskins taking a shot on Kareem Hunt. Adrian Peterson is old and they drafted Guice, but let’s be honest, having someone in the locker room like Adrian Peterson who has faced the criticism from the media could be a blessing for Hunt. Peterson could mentor him and that makes a lot of sense.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Drew Brees has a message for Donald Trump after his comments today nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/drew-b… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/6kRAHdCJkM
about 24 mins ago
- ICYMI:49ers announced a black-out after they screwed Colin Kaepernick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/colin-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/gM9sJLU6wx
about 1 hour ago
- Dontae Keys, OL, North Carolina A&T University | 2021 NFL Draft Official Highlights youtu.be/ay33MhpK-80
about 2 hours ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Alize Ward, S, Stephen F. Austin University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/alize-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/23oQ03IAnj
about 3 hours ago
- NCAA player granted a waiver to return to college after signing an NFL agent nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/waiver/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago