NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Josiah Tomasi Kealohapauole Maglente Tonu
• Height: 6’6
• Weight: 305
• Position: Offensive Tackle
• College: Southern Oregon University
• Twitter: Josiah_tonu
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown of Waikapu Maui is one of the best of all the islands in Hawaii! I love that we are 10 mins from all sorts of things like hunting fishing and surfing.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being consistent because I want my game to be the most consistent of anyone
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I gave up a sack but I knew as a offensive linemen you forget about the past play and focus on the next one at hand, and that’s what I did and dominated the rest of the game
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would say being able to lead by example and the one guy who gets everyone pumped by my play
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I would say Conner Wimes from Montana Tech and Sage Delong
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I don’t even know because I’m putting all my energy and effort in to play the game I love and make a living off of it
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would say my room because that’s where my day starts
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member because family comes before anything
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would want to be the rock because of who he is and also cause he’s an islander
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I would say every time I’m on the ground and it’s not pancaking someone, I feel the most embarrassed
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Making a pick 6 when I was playing DT
What song best describes your work ethic?
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I would say being more aggressive with my punch and finishing every block If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I don’t go to clubs so I wouldn’t know
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• That’s for outsiders that don’t play football who determine that,
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected because that goes a long way instead of just being liked What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win! I’m too competitive to stay the same, I always try and get better
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence would be my whole family, because they taught me to be the man I am today